Associated Equipment Distributors (AED) announced the election of Michael Vazquez to AED's executive board. Vazquez, who has spent 28 years at MECO MIAMI Inc., will serve as AED's vice president of membership. Vazquez holds the position of vice president at MECO MIAMI and will serve a one-year term on the AED executive board.
In his new role on the executive board, Vazquez hopes to appeal to the small dealer market, while maintaining MECO MIAMI's active competition with other distributors.
Vazquez said AED has given MECO MIAMI the resources to improve its perspectives on the equipment distribution business, and for him personally, becoming involved with AED has been the best step he's ever taken.
“My biggest role is to get more dealers involved and engaged in AED. I really want to make an effort to attract more dealers on the smaller side, those who may be intimidated and think you have to be a large company to get involved.”
AED President & CEO Brian P. McGuire looks forward to the new and exciting perspectives Vazquez brings to the association, and to working with him in his efforts to create more engagement with members.
“Mike Vazquez was a great addition to AED when he joined the board as regional director. I am very pleased he has stepped up to increase his leadership commitment by taking on vice president of membership responsibilities.”
AED is an international trade association representing companies involved in the distribution, rental and support of equipment used in construction, mining, forestry, power generation, agriculture and industrial applications.
AED's 460 distributor member companies account for more than $51 billion of annual sales revenue of construction equipment and related supplies and services in the United States and Canada. The average distributor member achieves more than $111 million per year in revenues, employs 280 people and has eight branch locations.
- Independent distributors that sell, rent and provide aftermarket support for construction equipment and related equipment and products
- Manufacturers of construction and related equipment and products
- Suppliers of business services, including finance, insurance, business systems/ERP and others
AED enhances the ongoing success and profitability of its member companies by creating and providing high quality products, services and information, including:
- Public policy advocacy
- Industry education, training and career development
- Research, analysis and information on markets, economic and business trends, and performance benchmarks
- Events and opportunities that enhance networking, facilitate business-to-business interaction and cooperation, and cultivate sources of capital and finance
- Public relations that promotes knowledge, understanding, and enhancement of the evolving role of distributors in North American markets
AED encourages the highest business standards and ethical behavior and is committed to strengthening the free enterprise system. AED encourages synergy and cooperation among individuals and companies when pursuing the industry's common interests. AED values continuous improvement and lifelong learning, and encourages and supports members of the industry in their active participation in the processes of government.
For more information, visit www.aednet.org.
Today's top stories