More Than 2,100 Bidders Participate in Ritchie Bros. Auction
📅 Wed December 07, 2016 - Southeast Edition #25
Jake Cook, C&K Timber, Deland, Fla., considers bidding on this International 9400i semi truck.
More than 2,100 bidders participated online and in person at Ritchie Bros.' final Orlando auction of the year on Nov. 16.
With bidders from 54 countries, approximately 59 percent of the equipment in the auction was sold to out-of-state buyers, from as far away as Germany, India and Hong Kong. Online bidders purchased approximately 57 percent of the equipment sold (by dollar value).
Close to 2,000 equipment items and trucks were sold in the auction, including 60 compactors and more that 50 excavators, 25 skid steers, 100 aerial work platforms, 130 truck tractors, 75 trailers and more.
Ritchie Bros.' next Orlando auction will be its massive annual five-day sale on Feb. 20 to 24, 2017 and consignments are already starting to roll in.
“Ritchie Bros. holds hundreds of auctions in United States each year, but nothing compares to the size and experience of our annual February auction — our consignors bring the equipment and we deliver the buyers,” said Terry Dolan, president of the United States and Latin America, Ritchie Bros. “We started holding equipment auctions in Orlando more than 30 years ago and have worked tirelessly to make it a world-class event year after year. Today the auction serves as a bellwether for the state of the equipment industry. Next February, together with our consignors, we will create an auction like no other.”
With the Orlando auction, Ritchie Bros. will provide equipment buyers with access to:
• A massive selection of equipment with all types of equipment and all the top brands
• First-class facilities so onsite buyers can be comfortable and see the equipment while they bid
• Large, well-organized yard to make onsite inspection easy and convenient for buyers
• Comprehensive equipment info and pictures online
• Onsite refurbishment services
• Availability to bid on site and online, including bidding from mobile or tablet with the new Ritchie Bros. app
• In-house financing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services giving buyers more spending power
To sell equipment in the February 2017 Orlando auction, call 855/331-5757.
For more information, visit rbauction.com/Orlando. CEG