Nebraska Machinery Company in Omaha, NE, has moved its corporate headquarters from 401 N. 12th St. to 11002 Sapp Bros. Dr., Omaha.
Nebraska Machinery is the Caterpillar dealership for Nebraska and Pottowattami County in Iowa.
The new location provides sales, parts and service to the heavy equipment division, ag division and industrial and truck engine division (High Plains Power Systems, formerly located at 1201 Cass St., Omaha).
The entire property sits on 43 acres (17.4 ha) of land located just west of Interstate 80 at the Gretna Exit (Exit 439). The main building is 122,000 sq. ft. The weld/paint shop is 15,000 sq. ft.
Nebraska Machinery’s former property has been purchased by the city of Omaha to make way for the new convention center and arena.
The new main switchboard number is 402/891-8600.
On Oct. 7, 2001, Nebraska Machinery’s Used Parts division moved into its new location in Omaha. This 13,000-sq.-ft. facility is located at 10808 S. 156th St., just north of the corporate headquarters’ site.
Nebraska Machinery Co. was founded in 1938 by J.J. “Joe” Swanson, a highway engineer for the Wyoming Department of Transportation, and W.A. Norris, a Wyoming contractor.
Swanson and Norris saw the machinery business as a way to make a living late in the Depression. Swanson bought the company from Norris 10 years later. Presently Swanson’s two sons are the senior management.
For more information, call 800/628-6025.