An architect’s rendering of the new facility.
Nine million dollars can buy a lot of things. For Robert H. Finke & Sons, it’ll buy a new facility.
The new facility will total 67,000 sq. ft. in size and will include eight 20 by 100 ft. drive thru bays with two 10 ton (9 t) overhead cranes; three 30 by 100 ft. drive thru bays; a fabrication shop with a 5-ton (4.5 t) overhead crane; a closed loop wash bay; and a 20 by 60 ft. down draft paint booth. It will be located at the rear of the company’s current location at 1569 Route 9W in Selkirk, N.Y.
The new facility also will include:
- A rotating jib crane for working on engines or hydraulic hammers, making them easily accessible by the mechanics
- Radiant floor heating
- A central lubricant distribution system
- Clean burn heating system for recycling engine lubricants
- A system of solar panels on the southern exposed roof
- A demo-dig area for testing equipment
- Four thousand sq. ft. of parts inventory space
- A 7,500 sq. ft. showroom and a 50-seat technology room with raised theater style seating for conducting training sessions and sales presentations
The facility will be a huge expansion from the company’s roots: founded in 1977 by Robert Finke, the business originally operated out of the Finke’s family home in Ravena as a small equipment shop handling items such as generators, compressors and light towers with a heavy emphasis on rental. Small pumps and generators were sold out of a pickup; repairs were made in the basement.
Through the 1990s and into present, Finke’s son, John Finke, led the company through a dramatic growth period. Today, Robert Finke & Sons is a substantial construction equipment distributor serving the Capital District of New York State with recognized lines, including Bobcat, Kobelco, Wirtgen, Hamm, Vogele and Kleemann.
The company now boasts annual sales of more than $24 million and has 40 employees between the offices at Selkirk and Glen Falls. Finke plans to hire additional employees once the new facility is completed.
For more information, visit www.finkeequipment.com.
Today's top stories