The Rental Show, Feb. 9 to 12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla., marks the 58th annual convention and trade show for the American Rental Association, and it’s a return to its most popular destination for the first time since 2010.
The Rental Show includes a full day of seminars, with 23 total educational sessions available throughout the show. Speakers include returning favorites like Steve Abercrombie, Don Hutson and David McBee, while seminar topics will focus on hiring, conflict resolution, social media, healthcare, finance and more. The popular Rental Town Halls also will return, along with the “Wednesday Wake-Up Session” on The Rental Show’s final day.
New construction education track for those in construction or general tool rental with seminars on Tier IV, DOT safety regulations and regulatory compliance will be discussed.
A Keynote session features baseball icon Billy Beane, general manager of the Oakland Athletics and subject of the movie “Moneyball.” Considered one of the most progressive and talented baseball executives in the game today, Beane has molded the A’s into a perennial postseason contender since becoming the general manager after the 1997 season. In his keynote, he will share his underdog story, along with his winning leadership style of identifying undervalued assets to create and sustain a competitive advantage.
Other highlights include:
• Three days of trade show, with more than 625 exhibitors and the latest rental equipment in construction/industrial, general tool/homeowner and party/special event.
• “ARA’s Big Splash at SeaWorld,” a special evening exclusively for show attendees and exhibitors at SeaWorld Orlando.
• Networking events including lunch With ARA, regional receptions, the international reception and the ARA Foundation Charity Auction and Reception. Also, the ARA Young Professionals Network Reception will be held for those between the ages of 18 and 40.
• Events & Tents on Feb. 8, with a full day of education and networking specifically for those in party and special event rental. It includes a kickoff breakfast with a 2014 trends forecast; 16 educational sessions; a new lunchtime inspiration challenge design competition; a closing keynote session with celebrity wedding planner, author and wedding business consultant Susan Southerland; and a closing reception at Café Tu Tu Tango with its eclectic décor based on a Spanish artist’s loft.
• The chance to win $2,500. ARA members will be receiving a special show-branded coin in the mail in late September to bring to the ARA Store on site in Orlando and enter into a drawing for $2,500.
There are 20 hotels available for The Rental Show through Travel Planners, offering a variety of pricing and amenities. Complete details and online booking are available in the “Hotels and Travel” section at TheRentalShow.com.
Registration for attendees is now open, with a special Internet only rate of $119 available for a limited time. The rate includes all three days of trade show, the keynote session and educational seminars on Feb. 9, 11 and 12, and is only available through Oct. 31.