Registration is hot and heavy getting the auction ready.
The yard was packed with equipment — all of it lined up carefully, ready to be sold — as huge crowds showed up to bid at Ritchie Bros.' Fort Worth auction March 2 to 3, 2016. Over two days, more than 5,250 people registered to bid on the more than 5,850 items sold, setting new state records for the company.
Ritchie Bros. sold more than $57 million of equipment in Fort Worth, including more than $27 million sold to online bidders. Out-of-state buyers purchased more than $31 million of equipment (55 percent), including more than $5.5 million sold to out-of-country buyers (10 percent).
“It's been a fantastic couple of days, with tremendous bidder turnout,” said Bill Hogan, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. “We had quality gear from top brands and companies in the auction, with quite a lot of late-model, low-hour equipment. The selection of equipment and our commitment to selling unreserved attracted a record number of bidders for us here in Texas, resulting in solid pricing on most asset categories on both days of the sale, particularly for transportation equipment.”
Specific Equipment Sales Highlights:
• Four 2013 John Deere 470G LC hydraulic excavators sold for a combined $917,500
• A 2013 Caterpillar D6T XL dozer sold for $225,000
• A 2014 Caterpillar 140M2 VHP Plus motor grader sold for $220,000
• A 2014 Caterpillar 950K wheel loader sold for $195,000
• Five Caterpillar 420FIT 4x4 loader backhoes sold for a combined $225,500
• Two 2014 Kenworth T800 tri-drive sleeper truck tractors sold for a combined $170,000
• 10 Mack CHU613 Pinnacle truck tractors sold for a combined $650,000
For more information, please visit www.rbauction.com.
Today's top stories