Ritchie Bros. Sells $46M of Equipment at Houston Auction
📅 Wed July 05, 2017 - West Edition #14
Ritchie Bros. Houston sale, June 21 to 22 featured more than 4,700 pieces of equipment.
Summer officially kicked off in Texas as Ritchie Bros. conducted its third Houston auction of the year this week, selling more than 4,700 equipment items and trucks for more than $46 million —making it the largest June auction ever for the site.
Over two action-packed days (June 21 to 22, 2017), more than 4,250 people from 57 countries registered to bid in the auction, including more than 2,850 people who registered to bid online. Approximately 58 percent of the equipment (in excess of $26 million) was sold to online bidders. United States buyers purchased 86 percent of the equipment, including 44 percent purchased by Texas buyers. International buyers from as far away Australia, Egypt and Vietnam purchased 14 percent of the equipment.
“We had a very successful auction with a wide range of equipment items and trucks selling for just about every sector,” said Alan McVicker, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. “Enthusiastic bidder turnout both onsite and online, along with strong pricing, helped us achieve 17 percent higher gross auction proceeds this week than the same auction last year and make this our largest June auction ever in Houston. We had an impressive line-up of cranes that attracted a lot of attention from around the world, we were particularly pleased with the price we got for a customer selling a Manitowoc 16000 440-ton crawler crane that went for $2.25 million. I would like to offer a big thank you to all of our consignors, bidders and buyers that continue to make our auctions great events.”
Equipment in the auction was sold for more than 550 owners. The selection included more than 120 excavators; more than 75 cranes; more than 55 dozers; more than 50 compactors; more than 50 skid steers; more than 55 dump trucks; more than 325 truck tractors; more than 330 trailers and much more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment highlights:
• A 2013 Manitowoc 16000 440-ton self-erecting crawler crane sold for $2.25 million
• Three 2013 Grove RT540E4 40-ton 4x4 rough terrain cranes sold for a combined $577,500
• Two 2014 Caterpillar D6T XW dozers sold for a combined $545,000
• A 2014 Caterpillar MH3059 material handler sold for $360,000
• Two 2012 Volvo A30F 6x6 articulated dump trucks sold for a combined $330,000
• A 2016 Peterbilt 389 sleeper truck tractor sold for $95,000
Auction quick facts: Houston, Texas (June 2017)
• Gross auction proceeds – more than $46 million
• Amount sold to online bidders – more than $26 million
• Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – more than 4,250
• Online registered bidders – more than 2,850
• Number of lots sold – more than 4,700
• Number of sellers – more than 550
For more information, visit RitchieBros.com.