At its second Houston auction of the year, Ritchie Bros. sold more than 4,400 equipment items over two days for more than $47 million.
More than 6,350 people registered to bid in the April 16 to 17 auction, including more than 4,900 registering to participate online. United States buyers purchased approximately 89 percent of the equipment, including 46 percent purchased by Texas buyers, while international buyers from such countries as Australia, India and the United Kingdom purchased 11 percent of the equipment. Online buyers purchased 62 percent of the assets.
"We continue to see record attendance at our Texas events this year with another great crowd this week in Houston — up 33 percent year over year," said Alan McVicker, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. "Bidders were very active, competing on a great selection of equipment consigned from more than 650 owners."
Equipment highlights in the April Houston auction included more than 320 truck tractors, more than 325 trailers, more than 120 excavators, more than 110 compactors, more than 50 skid steers, 45 dozers, 45 cranes, 160 aerial work platforms and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
- A 2005 Demag/Terex AC140 170-ton 10x8x8 all-terrain crane sold for $400,000
- A 2008 Link-Belt 218 Hylab HSL 110-ton crawler crane sold for $335,000
- A 2008 Grove RT890E 90-ton 4x4 rough terrain crane sold for $215,000
- A 2015 Peterbilt 367 tri-drive with National NBT40 40-ton boom truck sold for $305,000
- A 2014 Bomag RS446 4x4x4 soil stabilizer sold for $155,000
- A 2012 Komatsu PC650LC-8EO hydraulic excavator sold for $150,000
- A 2012 Caterpillar 924K wheel loader sold for $117,500
- A 2013 Caterpillar D6T XL dozer sold for $102,500
Auction Quick Facts: Houston, April 2019
- Total gross transactional value — more than $47 million
- Amount sold to online bidders — more than $29 million (62 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) — more than 6,350
- Registered online bidders — more than 4,900
- Total lots sold — more than 4,400
- Number of sellers — more than 650
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 40,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale through its various marketplaces. The company's next onsite auction in Texas will be held in Fort Worth on May 14 to 15, 2019.
For more information, visit rbauction.com and ironplanet.com.