This model eases the workload and lets many customers economize, even those with small forestry companies or contractors from various fields.
Some years ago SEPPI M. began its series of universal mulchers, to let a single device perform several tasks. This versatility enables each of them to mulch bushes, wood or thick roots and to crush stones, even below ground. The Multiforst, Starsoil and Maxisoil, for big tractors of 200 to 450 hp, are similar already. The new model — Midisoil dt — is one of the smallest of its kind and is meant for tractors of 100 to 170 hp. Due to key functional enhancements, this model eases the workload and lets many customers economize, even those with small forestry companies or contractors from various fields, according to the manufacturer.
This versatile tiller is available in several working widths, ranging from 69 to 98 in. (175 to 250 cm). It has a new drive system, which makes work even simpler and more efficient. It tills the soil to a depth of 9.8 in. (25 cm), breaks stones up to 9.8 in., and wood up to 9.8 in. The working speed, according to the materials and nature of the soil, ranges from 0 to 1.2 mph (0 to 2 kmh), a tractor with CVT/IVT transmission is recommended.
The Midisoil dt differs from classical wood mulchers or stone crushers in that it has a new gearbox with 2SPEED transmission. This makes it possible to use a higher rotor speed for wood and a slower speed for rocks and soil. It works very simply: By mechanically switching a lever on the main transmission, the operator can lessen the rotor's speed from about 1,000 to 540 rpm, whereby the speed of the tractor's PTO remains set at 1,000 rpm. This provides more torque and ensures better work with a lesser consumption of power, whether mulching wood (at a higher speed) or crushing stones and soil (at a lower speed), according to the manufacturer.
This versatility is achieved by using a new spur gear. The main gearbox of the Midisoil dt in 2SPEED, as well as the double drive with parallel gear transmission, is fitted with an integrated cooling circuit. This can be switched on easily from the tractor cabin by using the control unit supplied, and the temperature can be checked continually on a dial. This eliminates the risk of overheating the drive while continuously working in stones and soil.
A further safety-measure is the integrated torque-limitation in the drive system. The drive with the spur gear has been designed to be especially narrow and space-saving, so the difference between the whole width and the effective working width is minimal.
Further features are:
- lightweight construction — housing with replaceable Hardox wearplates
- high performance with minimal power consumption, due to lightweight construction (1,700 to 2,600 kg, according to the working width and equipment)
- a rotor of the new generation with an efficient combination of new tools; Super Mono Protect and Super Mono Extreme with additional tungsten carbide inserts on the wearpoints, while an easier and faster exchange of hammers minimizes downtime
- a hydraulically adjustable hood
- an adjustable breaking bar and crushing grid for determining the degree of crushing
- ISO three-point rear linkage category 3, central fixed
- the innovative gear-tilt system ADAM (opt.) for optimal ground-contour following; this “angle-compensation” protects the PTO shaft and the PTO of the tractor from needless exposure to uneven surfaces
- a hydraulic compacting roller (opt.) with a very robust roller-bearing and toothed rings (which can be used as a pressure device too) with roller scraper (especially important in moist soil)
When tilling waste land and rocky farmland, renewing forest roads and ski-slopes, renewing farmland and other green areas, cleaning the forest after harvesting, maintaining gas and electricity lines, preparing building sites and much more, Midisoil dt can be an efficient tool if used with a suitable tractor, according to the manufacturer.
Today's top stories