It’s been seven years since Wilson-Finley Co. relocated its Greensboro facility to Jamestown, NC — a move that has since proven a wise business decision for both the company and its customers.
Jeff Wilson, sales manager of Wilson-Finley, noted that the decision was made to move into the facility on Ragsdale Road because of easy access to Interstates 40 and 85 and the building itself.
Wilson-Finley Co. shares the 53,000-sq.-ft. Jamestown location with its partner Berco, an Italian manufacturer of undercarriages for crawler machines.
“Berco was looking for strategic locations to supply the OEMS … and Wilson-Finley was also shopping for a larger facility,” said Wilson. “As the first company to import Berco undercarriage parts in North America, we are great partners, and this building further facilitates that.”
According to Wilson, this partnership has reduced costs for not only customers but also for both partners.
Berco is the largest producer of undercarriage parts in the world. Out of the Jamestown facility, Berco supplies undercarriage components to John Deere - Hitachi, which has a plant in Kernersville, NC; Komatsu, with a plant in Chattanooga, TN; and to Ingersoll-Rand in Mocksville, NC. The manufacturer also supplies parts for BR Lee Paver products as well as for Power Curvier and Could Brother Pavers. As an OEM logistical center for Berco, Wilson-Finley is able to provide to customers undercarriage components that were originally designed for these machines.
An advantage of the strategic location, noted Wilson, is that Berco stocks a very extensive inventory to supply just-in-time delivery to its OEM clientele throughout the United State and Mexico.
Wilson-Finley supplies undercarriage components for virtually any type of track-driven machine. Besides undercarriage parts, Wilson Finley’s product lines also consist of ground-engaging tools; muffler, hydraulic, engine and steering clutch parts; final-drive components; grouser bars; and a assortment of nuts and bolts. In addition, the company offers a variety of track press services on Berco’s undercarriage components.
Wilson-Finley was started by George W. Wilson and A.E. Finley in 1955 with a focus on rebuilding parts for heavy construction equipment. In 1959, the company imported its first Berco undercarriage parts. The manufacturer’s line still makes up 80 percent of the company’s business, and Wilson-Finley has remained a large distributor.
Wilson-Finley’s first branch location opened in 1962 in Richmond, VA, with another opening in Atlanta five years later. In 1975, the company established a location in Charlotte, NC, and by the mid-1980s a facility in Greensboro, NC. In 2000, Wilson-Finley acquired two companies –– Perritt Tractor in Waycross, GA, as well as DAW Pro-Track in Pennsylvania.
The company’s Jamestown facility is located 105-A Ragsdale Rd.
For more information, call 336/454-0300 or visit www.wilsonfinleyparts.com.