World of Asphalt, AGG1 2015 Break Attendance Records
The event hit new milestones as registered attendance broke all records, the show floor was the largest ever, and education ticket sales set a new record.
📅 Sat March 28, 2015 - National Edition
(L-R): Brad Kelly, sales representative of Elliott & Frantz, King of Prussia, Pa.; Steve Krol of A.F. Damon Inc., Upland, Pa.; and David Salzmann, district sales manager of Wirtgen America meet up at World of Asphalt. A.F. Damon recently purchased a W200i
World of Asphalt and AGG1 2015 were a huge success: registered attendance broke all records, the show floor was the largest ever, and education ticket sales set a new record.
• More industry networking: Record registered attendance totaled more than 7,600, an increase of more than 1,000 over the previous record and 26 percent over the last edition of the shows; registrants came from all 50 states, nine of the 10 Canadian provinces and more than 50 other countries
• More product innovations: Both shows set exhibitor and exhibit space records, for a total 450 exhibitors taking more than 135,000 net sq. ft. to showcase the latest technologies and products
• More industry-driven education: A record 10,000-plus education session tickets were purchased by attendees for the shows’ signature learning programs
“The enthusiasm and industry support have been wonderful; it’s really important for us to come together to talk with and learn from each other, and that’s what these shows delivered,” said Rick Feltes of Lafarge North America and 2015 Chair of NSSGA’s AGG1 Academy & Expo, representing the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA). “The people and companies who were here understand the importance and the value of education and networking; and they’re the ones who will succeed.”
“This has been a tremendous event; the interaction and energy on the show floor as exhibitors connected with customers has been great, very positive,” said 2015 World of Asphalt Show & Conference Chair Rick Moore of Lehman-Roberts, representing the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA). “Attendees were focused and here to learn, to examine the latest equipment and products and make the wise choices for their businesses to stay competitive in today’s business environment.”
The World of Asphalt Show & Conference and NSSGA’s AGG1 Academy & Expo were held March 17 to 19 at the Baltimore (Md.) Convention Center. Among the show visitors were Deputy Assistant Secretary for Manufacturing Chandra Brown, who toured the exhibits and met with show officials. Attendees “made some noise” during a short rally on the show floor March 18 to help improve America’s transportation infrastructure, telling Congress how important it is to act without delay. The 2015 event offered added value through a new partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce, and its International Buyer Select Program. The program helped attract visitors from around the world, increasing the networking and business connections for all show participants.
Attendees could take advantage of more than 110 education sessions focused on industry best practices, solutions and benchmarking. Education included NSSGA’s signature AGG1 Academy and NAPA’s People, Plants and Paving Training Program. Industry partnerships and support increased the learning and networking opportunities for show participants:
• Nearly 30 industry-related associations and groups worldwide were official show supporters; and
• Co-located events included the Maryland Asphalt Association annual conference, North East Asphalt User/Producer Group executive board and steering committee meetings, and American Road and Transportation Builders Association Safety in the Work Zone conference.
“Exhibitors and attendees alike cited the value of face-to-face dialogue with so many industry professionals and companies in one place, and the consistently high-quality environment of the shows,” said Show Manager Rich Prausa of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM).
Planning is already under way for the 2016 World of Asphalt and AGG1, to be held March 22 to 24 in Nashville, Tenn. (Music City Center). For more information, visit www.worldofasphalt.com and www.agg1.org.