During 1938, the Nello L. Teer Company of Durham, N.C., was reconstructing a 3¾ mi. section of Route 16 in Monterey, Pa. The project called for the elimination of dangerous curves along the route. The shovel is a Bucyrus-Erie 48-B with a 2¼ cu. yd. (1.72 cu m) dipper. The Euclid Tu-Way track wagon is pulled by a Caterpillar tractor. The two “bug-eyed” Euclid end dump trucks were built in 1937 and designated model 1FG. Euclid built only two of them and both, owned by Nello Teer, are pictured working here. The trucks were powered with Waukesha gas engines rated at 112 hp (8.9 kW). The dump bodies were rated at 8 cu. yds. (6 cu m) with a 15-ton (13.6 t) capacity.