Bob Young (L) of Power Motive in Denver, Colo., discusses all the possibilities of the Sakai SW 990-1 with Oleg Gorlach, project inspector of LS/GALLEGOS at the Denver International Airport.
The theme “Paving Forward with Teamwork” was the focus this year for the 43rd Annual Rocky Mountain Asphalt Conference & Equipment Show in Aurora, Colo.
“From beginning to end and we were pleased with a record turnout of 1,113 paid attendees and combined with exhibitors, speakers and students we topped the 1,400 attendee mark,” said Tom Peterson, chairman of the conference planning committee.
This year, the event included:
• A sold out 60,000 sq. ft. Exhibit Hall & Trade Show with overflow equipment in the parking lot.
• 32 technical breakout sessions on industry topics including construction, maintenance, leadership and materials quality/design.
• 21 educational breakouts sessions on the basics of materials, equipment operation.
• Offsite tour to the Colorado Department of Transportation asphalt lab.
• Offsite tour to the Brannan Sand & Gravel Yard & Asphalt Plant, a local producer.
• An opening general session focused on teamwork and featuring former Heisman Trophy winner Jason White.
“This conference was an excellent opportunity for local agencies to engage with the asphalt industry in technical and training sessions, become exposed to new equipment and technologies and shows a commitment to quality from the conference organizers,” said Brian Kelley, engineering programs manager of the city of Colorado Springs Public Works.
The Colorado Asphalt Pavement Association (CAPA) is a not-for-profit association representing approximately 28 asphalt producers, 170 affiliate and associate member organizations and 70 local agencies (municipalities). CAPA promotes and publicizes the use of quality asphalt in Colorado and encourages fair methods of contracting. To support quality achievement in Colorado, CAPA operates the Rocky Mountain Asphalt Education Center and the Laboratory for Certified Asphalt Technicians. CAPA is the asphalt industry voice working with the Colorado Department of Transportation, the Federal Aviation Administration, local agencies and others throughout the State of Colorado.
For more information, visit www.co-asphalt.com.