Bonnell Industries Commander Series Multi-Purpose Bodies
The distinctive body design and heavy-duty conveyor chain or auger assembly allows for quick dispersal of materials without the need to raise the body.
📅 Wed November 16, 2016 - National Edition
The Commander Series multi-purpose bodies feature a prism shape that tapers both toward the middle of the body and toward the back of the unit. The distinctive body design and heavy-duty conveyor chain or auger assembly allows for quick dispersal of materials without the need to raise the body.
“Commander” evokes visions of a leader, authority and control. A commander gives you the support you need with the reliability of a trusted friend. Additionally, integrity is a word that is often associated with Bonnell Industries Inc. Integrity in the time spent on its manufacturing process, integrity in the way the sales staff interacts with customers, and integrity in the longstanding relationships held with vendors and business partners, according to the company.
Combine commander and integrity and these two concepts result in the Commander Series multi-purpose bodies exclusive to Bonnell Industries and its certified dealers. This design features a prism shape that tapers both toward the middle of the body and toward the back of the unit. The distinctive body design and heavy-duty conveyor chain or auger assembly allows for quick dispersal of materials without the need to raise the body.
Joe Bonnell, president of Bonnell Industries, said, “The Bonnell Commander Series bodies have been engineered as a money-saving, game-changing municipal body. These units will allow your organization to run it as a salt truck in the winter months, and then convert easily to gravel, sand, dirt, etc. in the warmer months. The unique tailgate and spinner assembly were designed to give the truck operator maximum ease of use.”
A multi-purpose dump body is able to complete a variety of tasks such as general hauling and dumping, spreading, and berming. Commander Series features include:
• Prism-shaped body design efficiently unloads a variety of materials.
• Body available in carbon steel, stainless steel or other materials upon request. Stainless steel bodies have all stainless steel tailgate hardware standard with grade 70 galvanized chain.
• Standard 30.5-in. (77 cm) wide conveyor width utilizing 667xh pintle chain. Optional stainless chain and belt over chain or optional dual auger system.
• Rear discharge center conveyor powered by motor/planetary gearbox combination.
• Body sidewall shape provides ideal location for optional pre-wet tank system, longitudinal to body.
• Fully welded body compliant to AWS welding standards.
• Zero to eight in. (20 cm) infinite rear screw jack gate opening.
• Twin pneumatic cylinders lock tailgate into position with over-center latches.
• Reinforced long-sill and cross member design provides superior body strength.
• Removable .25-in. (.6 cm) conveyor floor.
• Grease manifolds help ensure that all critical lubrication points are serviced.
• Double-acting trunnion hoist cylinder with nitride shaft.
• 1.5-in. (3.8 cm) diameter tailgate pins on double acting, six-panel tailgate.
• Manually adjusted conveyor chain take-up bearings.
• Stainless steel subfloor protects truck chassis from contamination.
“Municipalities benefit by running this multipurpose truck throughout the year, which translates to savings all year long. The integrity is in our name. Put your trust in Bonnell's guaranteed quality and craftsmanship,” said Joe Bonnell.
Today, Bonnell Industries is one of the leading truck equipment distributors in northern Illinois. Through a nationwide distributor network, it also is a major supplier of snowplows, spreaders, leaf vacuums and road maintenance equipment for municipalities throughout the country.
Currently, Bonnell Industries is affiliated with numerous organizations within the industry such as the National Truck Equipment Association, American Public Works Association and Snow & Ice Management Association. Bonnell regularly attends product shows and seminars with these organizations to maintain their involvement in the industry. It also shares working relationships with multiple manufacturers within the industry holding valuable partnerships with the likes of the Knapheide, Western and Duraclass companies.
Located in northern Illinois, just 90 mi. west of Chicago, its current establishment includes 61,000-sq. ft. of floor space.
“We take great pride in the quality of products and services we offer to our customers. The dedication and loyalty of our employees is a major factor in our past success and will ultimately pave the way for continued growth and expansion in the future,” Bonnell said.
For more information, call 815/284-3819 or visit www.bonnell.com.