Cashman Equipment Company has recently become an owner/partner in Cat Auction Services, which currently has 11 other Caterpillar dealer members.
Headquartered in Bloomington, Minn., Cat Auction Services is a combined effort of Cat dealerships to bring new alternatives to customers for their equipment disposal needs.
Although Cashman’s customers will continue to buy, trade-in and consign used equipment in the traditional way, this new service offers the option of consigning their equipment for sale in Cat Auction Services sales.
This will allow Cashman to maintain a relationship with customers when they utilize the auction channel to dispose of equipment.
Previously, an auction transaction created a new relationship with an auction competitor.
This new business partnership means that Cashman is better equipped to be a total solutions provider, offering buyers and sellers a full menu of new and used equipment options. With the addition of an auction venue to assist with dispersal of your equipment, the Cat Auction Services solution includes:
• Conducting comprehensive inspections on consigned equipment so customers have full confidence in the performance of purchased products
• Offering a range of Equipment Protection Plans on qualified Caterpillar equipment, including extended warranties on powertrains and hydraulics
• Leveraging the worldwide Cat dealer network to connect customers with a larger buyer and seller audience
• Gathering an array of quality equipment for auction to attract buyers and sellers from around the world
• Providing repairs, parts and service on auctioned equipment before or after the sale
• Using a global online bidding process
• Supplying financing to pre-qualified customers through Cat Financial Services
• Working with customers to optimize tax considerations (Like-Kind Exchange and sales taxes)
For more information, visit www.cashmanequipment.com.
Today's top stories