Caterpillar is offering a new generation of U.S. Tier IV Final, E.U. Stage IIIB and Stage IV engines from 5.5 bhp (4.1 kW) to more than 1,200 bhp (895 kW).
Caterpillar is offering a new generation of U.S. Tier IV Final, E.U. Stage IIIB and Stage IV engines from 5.5 bhp (4.1 kW) to more than 1,200 bhp (895 kW), that meet high expectations for reliability, performance, fuel and fluid efficiency and component life, with significantly reduced emissions. Cat industrial engines are utilized by a wide range of OEMs in construction, mining and general industrial sectors.
Caterpillar has selected from a portfolio of engine and aftertreatment technologies to meet the latest emissions standards, while providing optimum value in each power range. The technology offering includes a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particular filter (DPF) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR.) Additionally, a “No DPF” aftertreatment package is available on select platforms.
• Engine Electronics — more features and connection commonality mean a better user experience and greater reliability.
• Clean Emissions Module — aftertreatment reduces emissions while protecting interior components and simplifying maintenance for Cat industrial engines.
• Air Management — turbocharging solutions based on engine size and application increase productivity and fuel efficiency, extend engine life and reduce operating costs.
• Fuel Systems — fuel injection designed for carefully timed microbursts creates one of the cleanest, most efficient fuel burns available.
• NOx Reduction System — routing captured and cooled exhaust gas back to the combustion chamber reduces combustion temperatures and NOx emissions.
With millions of working hours on thousands of units since the U.S. EPA Tier IV Interim, EU Stage IIIB product introductions, Caterpillar builds on its expertise and proven experience of its Tier IV Final technology. The entire line of Cat U.S. Tier IV Final, E.U. Stage IIIB and Stage IV engines is precisely engineered, rigorously tested and validated, and built for reliability and durability, according to the manufacturer.
The C27 ACERT and C32 ACERT industrial engines will be available for order beginning in late 2014. Engines will use NOx Reduction System and dual DOCs with ratings from 800 bhp (597 kW) to 1,200 bhp (895 kW).
“Caterpillar equips every U.S. Tier IV Final, E.U. Stage IIIB and Stage IV engine with a combination of electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components based on engine size, the type of application, and the geographic location in which it will work, said Mike Reinhart, Caterpillar industrial regional marketing manager.
“Applying technologies systematically and strategically optimizes each engine to meet customers’ high expectations for productivity, fluid efficiency, reliability and service life.”
For more information, visit www.caterpillar.com.
Today's top stories