In addition to the exhibits, these shows will be an outstanding educational opportunity for attendees.
Are you confused about new and continually changing standards?
Would you like to find ways to avoid pesky citations?
CEG Productions has new seminars lined up at both the fourth annual Chicago Construction Expo and the inaugural Midwest Construction Expo.
Due to last year’s success, The Chicago Construction Expo at the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill., will feature new seminars to address industry-related problems and more Feb. 24 and 25.
Presenters and educators also have signed up for the Midwest Construction Expo, which will be held at the Minneapolis Convention Center on March 18 and 19.
In addition to the exhibits, these shows will be an outstanding educational opportunity for attendees. Many of the industry’s leading associations are working closely with CEG Productions, the show’s producers, to develop programs that will help contractors do their jobs better, faster, safer and more efficiently.
To whet your appetite, Chicago seminars will include:
• Julie One Call “Legislative changes that impact excavators,”
• Jacob Scott, U.S. Dept. of Labor — OSHA, will speak about “New changes in OSHA standards, policies and inspection procedures”
• Patten Construction Products Bill Bayne, Environmental Health & Safety manager will address “Diesel Combustion Emissions Reduction.”
• Jeffrey Risch, Smith Amundsen, LLC, will discuss “Public Bidding and Related Labor Laws.” A comprehensive review and update on prevailing wage law, responsible bidder requirements and project labor agreements.
Midwest Construction Expo seminars will feature:
• Minneapolis Utility Contractors Assn. (MUCA), Thomas Olson, Olson & Price Ltd., will speak about “How Contractors get paid for utility-related problems”
• Minnesota chapter of the Land Improvement Contractors of America (LICA)
• Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
• Association of General Contractors. (AGC)
• Commercial vehicle enforcement division of the Minnesota State Patrol, Jay K. Sletten, CVI Segeant, will address “Motor Carrier Enforcement Changes”
• Hennapin Technical College will present “Focus Four — the four main causes of accidents and citations on the job” and “Safe Rigging Practices”
• Operating Engineers Local #49, Wayne Pederson, Local 49 Training Center, will lecture about “Trenching and Excavating — OSHA’s excavating standard and how and why trenches collapse”
More seminars for The Chicago Construction Expo and The Midwest Construction Expo will be announced soon.
For more information on exhibiting, call Bob Buckley, CEG Productions sales manager, at 800/992-7116.
For all other questions, call Sheila Kirby, CEG Productions trade show manager, at 800/523-2200, or visit www.cegltd.com.
Today's top stories