Our newsletters cover the entire industry and only include the interests that you pick. Sign up and see.
DDI Work Begins
Tue April 10, 2018 - West Edition #8
UDOT will begin a major project to improve operations at I-215 and Redwood Road in North Salt Lake City by building a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI).
Beginning Feb. 22, the Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) began a major project to improve operations at I-215 and Redwood Road in North Salt Lake City by building a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI).
The following work is planned:
- Setting concrete barrier on the east side of northbound Redwood Road, from Recreation Way to I-215, to begin widening to the east. The concrete barriers allow workers to safely perform their work behind barrier and keep the traveling public safe from a steep drop-off.
- Travel lanes will be shifted between Recreation Way and I-215 to accommodate one lane in each direction and maintaining the right turn lane.
- The eastbound off ramp will be reduced to one lane to accommodate left and right turns.
- Lanes will be shifted on Redwood Road from I-215 northward to Center Street for widening and drainage installation. Two southbound lanes and one northbound lane will remain open with occasional lane closures during non-peak hours.
- Southbound l-215 lanes from Legacy Highway to 2100 N. will be re-striped and lanes shifted to accommodate shoulder widening at 2100 N. All lanes are anticipated to remain open during this phase, with occasional lane closure outside of peak hours.
- Northbound l-215 will have temporary concrete barriers placed along the outside shoulder to allow crews to build pave a temporary lane safely behind the barrier.