Bob Pflibsen, Jack Doheny, operates the nozzle control unit as part of pipeline maintenance training at the 2015 Municipal Safety Day.
In conjunction with the Michigan Rural Water Association (MRWA), Michigan CAT, Titan Equipment, F.D. Lake and Jack Doheny Company, Efficiency Production Inc. is set to host its 10th annual Municipal Safety Day on June 2 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Efficiency Production's corporate headquarters in Mason, Mich. As in the past, participants at Municipal Safety Day will qualify for MDEQ Continuing Education Credits.
The agenda for Municipal Safety Day includes:
• Confined Space Training, presented by Jack Doheny Company
• MIOSHA Standards for Soil Classification, presented by Efficiency Production
• Backhoe Operator Training, presented by Michigan CAT
• Proper Rigging Safety, presented by F.D. Lake
• Hydro Excavation Safety, presented by Jack Doheny Company
• Aerial Lift Safety, presented by Titan Equipment
• Trench Protection Systems, presented by Efficiency Production
• Free barbeque lunch and raffle
There is no cost to attend the Municipal Safety Day.
“Municipal Safety Day is designed specifically for Michigan's public works personnel,” said Mike Ross, Efficiency Production's national training coordinator. “These are the workers who routinely need to perform duties that cross a spectrum of potentially dangerous situations. Our goal is to educate DPW workers on the entirety of excavation and construction safety.”
New for 2016, there will be many municipal-relevant safety and construction equipment on display from several vendors, including Purity Gas, Municipal Supply Co., Northern Concrete Pipe, Inc., First Due Fire Supply and Capital Equipment.
To register for Municipal Safety Day, call 989/539-4111 at least two days before the event.
Today's top stories