In conjunction with the Michigan Rural Water Association (MRWA), Efficiency Production Inc. is set to host its 11th annual Municipal Safety Day on June 1 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Efficiency Production's corporate headquarters in Mason, Mich.
As in the past, participants at Municipal Safety Day will qualify for MDEQ continuing education credits.
The agenda for Municipal Safety Day includes:
• Confined Space Training, presented by Michigan Rural Water Association
• MIOSHA Standards for Soil Classification, presented by Efficiency Production
• Backhoe Operator Training, presented by AIS Construction Equipment Corp.
• Proper Rigging Safety, presented by F.D. Lake
• Pipeline Maintenance Demonstration, presented by Jack Doheny Companies
• Hydraulic Shores Uses and Safety, presented by Efficiency Production
• Hydro-Excavation with Shoring Demonstration, presented by Jack Doheny Companies
• Free barbeque lunch and raffle
There is no cost to attend Municipal Safety Day.
“Municipal Safety Day is designed specifically for Michigan's public works personnel,” said Mike Ross, Efficiency Production's national training coordinator. “These are the workers who routinely need to perform duties that cross a spectrum of potentially dangerous situations. Our goal is to educate DPW workers on the entirety of excavation and construction safety.”
Once again in 2017, there will be many municipal-relevant safety and construction equipment on display from several vendors, including:
• Purity Gas
• Municipal Supply Co.
• Northern Concrete Pipe Inc.
• First Due Fire Supply
• Capital Equipment
• Tri-County Int'l Trucks
• Signature Ford
• Golden Image Embroidery
• Etna Supply
• E.J. Company
• K & H Concrete Cutting
• Milwaukee Tools
Pre-register for Municipal Safety Day at the Michigan Rural Water Association website, www.mrwa.net (click on events tab).
Efficiency Production Inc. is a manufacturer of trench shielding and shoring equipment such as “trench boxes” and vertical hydraulic shores. Efficiency's manufacturing facility and corporate headquarters are located at 685 Hull Rd, in Mason, Michigan, 10 mi. south of Lansing.
Today's top stories