Finkbiner Equipment won the Illinois Equipment Distributor’s (IED) Thirty-Seventh Annual Golf Classic in dramatic fashion on June 23 with an eagle on the tiebreaker hole, edging out the team from Ritchie Bros. and capturing the Traveling Trophy from last year’s winner, McCann Industries, who finished third, only one shot off the pace.
Fifty-two golfers participated in the event, which included a buffet dinner at the Doral Eaglewood Resort in Itasca, IL. The outing also included door prizes provided by associate members.
IED Director Dennis Kruepke opened the meeting by thanking all of those who attended for supporting the outing, particularly Steve VanKlompenberg of CIT, who is enjoying his last year as associate director and golf chairman. Joe McKeon of Construction Equipment Guide will take over VanKlompenberg’s duties next year.
The event was sponsored by The CIT Group, CitiCapital, 1st Source Bank, National City Bank, Construction Equipment Guide, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers and AED.
Winners of the golf awards included:
• 3rd Place –– McCann Industries (Score: 62)
• 2nd Place –– Ritchie Bros. (Score: 61)
• 1st Place –– Finkbiner Equipment (Score: 61)
• Longest Putt –– Dave Gordon, AED
• Longest Drive –– Matt Roland, Roland Machinery
• Closest to Pin –– Marty Ahrendt, Finkbiner Equipment