Associated Builders & Contractors Inc. Keystone Chapter (ABC Keystone) has announced the winners of the 2005 Local Craft Championship during the association’s Construction Rodeo in Manheim, PA, on Sept. 25.
The first place winners are: Jared C. Maxwell, Nicholas J. Latchaw, Kent A. Shaffer, Marshall E. Deimler and James D. Baughman.
There were 14 total competitors representing multiple trades. All competitors were given a project specific to their trade and had four hours to complete it. Winners were determined on general safety, layout of work, construction, care of their tools and workmanship.
Below is a lit of all of this year’s competitors.
• Jared C. Maxwell, Sinking Springs — R.G. Bortz Construction Co. Inc., Oley;
• James R. Mullen, Lititz — Benchmark Construction Company Inc., Brownstown; and
• James C. Shimer, Lebanon — Arthur Funk & Sons Inc., Lebanon.
• Nicholas J. Latchaw, York — Lefever Electric Inc., Manchester;
• Jason S. Bowman, Palmyra — Clark Inc., Paradise; and
• Chad F. Musser, Ephrata — Haller Enterprises Inc., Lititz.
• Kent A. Shaffer, Manhein — Horst Masonry, Lancaster and
• Brandon J. Fasnacht, Manheim — Horst Masonry, Lancaster.
• Marshall E. Deimler, Dillsburg — George D. Boyer & Sons Inc., Harrisburg;
• Chad P. Shimko, Manchester — James Craft & Son Inc., York Haven; and
• Chad Texter, Lititz — Haller Enterprises Inc., Lititz.
• James D. Baughman, Lititz — Fey Lutz Corporation, Lancaster;
• Blaine Stover, Lancaster — Fey Lutz Corporation, Lancaster; and
• Joshua S. Turner, Mountville — Protech Mechanical Contractors Inc., Landisville.
The apprentices that placed first in their trade competition have been invited to compete in the 2006 ABC National Craft Championships held during the 2006 ABC National Convention in Las Vegas, NV, from March 15 to 19, 2006.
John W. Segnor, manager, School of Craft Training of ABC Keystone said, “I’m proud of these competitors. In addition to working 40 plus hours a week and attending classes two nights a week, they dedicated time to competing. I know those who will participate in the National Craft Championship will perform exceptionally. Furthermore, the high level of competition by all of the participants shows how strong our future work force is in the construction industry.”
For more information, call 717/653-8106 or visit www.abckeystone.org.
Today's top stories