On July 12, Foley Inc. held a New Product Introduction Event at its Piscataway, NJ, headquarters.
More than 450 guests attended to not only enjoy a dinner consisting of burgers, hot dogs, chicken and more, but also to find out what Caterpillar was serving up in the way of new products — particularly the 420E IT backhoe loader.
Jim Joy, backhoe loader specialist of Caterpillar, led a product demonstration for the new E-Series 420E IT backhoe, which features new flow-sharing valves, a refined torque-limiter system and a boost in main relief pressure to name just a few enhancements over its predecessor, the D-Series.
Prior to Joy’s presentation, guests showcased their operating skills in three separate timed events: weaving an attached bucket tooth around traffic cones using a Cat 303.5C cr mini-excavator as well as basketball dunking and dropping a softball into a bucket, both using the new 420E IT backhoe loader. The top finishers in each event were:
1) Dave Pine, Pine Construction
2) Kevin Shelbourne, ICS
3) Wade Uphaus, Breaker Electric
4) Charles Silvestre, Tricks Trucking
5) Ken Milochik, KJM Construction
6) Pete Capestro, Ollie Slocum & Son
1) Kevin Viersma, Viersma & Son
2) Phil Wengryn Jr., Wengryn & Sons
3) Russell Yetman, High Grade Excavating
4) Robert Southway, James Construction
5) Jeff Hussey, 3M Corporation
1) Robert Governale, Excavating Services
2) Frank Sutton, Frank Sutton Trucking
3) Joseph Ciottariello, Green Outlook Landscape
4) Jorge Basquez, Pine Construction
5) Wade Uphaus, Breaker Electric
6) Bob Southway, Valley Farms
The big prize, however, went to White Brothers Masonry of North Brunswick, NJ, which was the lucky raffle winner of a Caterpillar 216B skid steer and a $200 Foley CAT novelty store gift certificate. Kim Foley, CEO and chairman of the board, presented Chris White, owner of White Brothers, and Rich DeFabritis, the company’s accountant, both prizes at the conclusion of the Cat 420E IT backhoe loader demonstration.
Today's top stories