GeoShack Vice President Dan O’Reilly addresses attendees during the classroom session of the Topcon Technology Road Show 2010.
GeoShack held its Topcon Technology Road Show 2010 April 28 at the Ashland County Fairgrounds in Ashland, Ohio. The day featured Topcon equipment for leveling, alignment, measurement, guidance and grade control solutions.
The event began with a classroom session featuring the latest in positioning hardware and software. Among the featured products were:
• The new 3D-MC2 machine control system designed to substantially increase the speed and efficiency of the dozer — delivering operating speeds 4 times faster than a standard dozer.
• Topcon Tierra remote fleet management system comprised of 3 primary components — hardware in the form of a communications device installed in the machine, software that provides operating parameters to fit the job application, and an internet based user interface.
• mmGPS combining the functionality of a laser, combined with the accuracy of a robotic total station with multiple user capabilities.
• The GRS-1 a Network, handheld RTK GPS receiver and field controller that eliminates the need for a local base station. GeoShack demonstrated the use of the Ohio’s VRS system with its full line of GPS machine control systems and rovers.
• GLS-1000 Laser Scanner for accurate topographic surveys, quantities and as built maps.
• IPS-2 Mobile Scanner that allows accurate mapping at highway speeds.
Also discussed was GeoShack University, featuring end-user focused product and application training programs conducted by experienced trainers combining formal classroom session and field training.
There also were live equipment demonstrations where attendees could get hands-on experience with equipment and see how the systems operate.
The dozers used for the demonstration were provided by Columbus Equipment Company, Ohio’s Komatsu dealer, and Ohio’s John Deere dealer, Nortrax.
For more information, visit www.geoshack.com.
Today's top stories