The GUCA Scholarship Foundation announced the following scholarships awarded to GUCA members’ children. Recipients of the 2015 scholarships include categories of industry and high school.
The GUCA Foundation Industry scholarship of $2,000 was presented to Christopher Blake Stalnaker, the son of Cheryl and Scott Stalnaker, John R. Walker Inc., Macon, Ga. Stalnaker is currently attending Georgia Southern University majoring in construction management. Stalnaker’s goal is to own his own company that builds safe, efficient and environmental friendly buildings and infrastructure.
The Foundation also gave high school senior scholarships of $1,000 each to 10 graduating students:
• Emily R. Brooks, daughter of Dana and Mark Brooks, BRI Utility Construction, Dacula, Ga. Brooks graduated from Hebron Christian Academy and plans to attend University of North Georgia where she plans to major in secondary education.
• Ashley M. Caldwell, daughter of Jennie and Chad Caldwell, Piedmont Paving Inc., Newnan, Ga. Caldwell graduated from Trinity Christian School and plans to attend LaGrange College where she plans to major in business and minor in marketing.
• Sean Egan, son of Cathy and Michael Egan, E.F.S. Inc., Suwanee, Ga. Egan graduated from Lambert High School and plans to attend the University of Georgia where he plans to double major in international business and economics with a minor in Spanish.
• Madeline E. Fortier, daughter of Sarah and Gary Fortier, Large & Gilbert PC, Marietta, Ga. Fortier graduated from Walton High School and plans to attend Yale University where she plans to major in ethics, politics and economics with a double major in Spanish.
• Sarah E. Hecker, daughter of Jennifer and Paul Hecker, Archer Western Construction LLC, Roswell, Ga. Hecker graduated from Pope High School and plans to attend Georgia College and University State where she plans to major in community health.
• Hudson Huber, son of Abbie and Russ Huber, Cowin Equipment Company, Tyrone, Ga. Huber graduated from Trinity Christian School and plans to attend Freed Hardman University where he plans to major in physical science to become a mechanical engineer.
• Koey Leverette, daughter of Kim and Joey Leverette, City of Gainesville Public Utilities, Gainesville, Ga. Leverette graduated from Chestatee High School and plans to attend the University of Georgia where she plans to pursue business management with a focus in entrepreneurship.
• Daniel I. Morris, son of Dawn and Buddy Morris, Lenox Utility Contractors LLC, Lenox, Ga. Morris graduated from Cook High School and plans to attend the Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College where his course of study will be to earn an associate’s degree in nursing to become a registered nurse.
• Benjamin D. Pupkiewicz, son of Susan and David Pupkiewicz, Archer Western Construction LLC, Marietta, Ga. Pupkiewicz graduated from Lassiter High School and plans to attend the University of Alabama where he plans to obtain a Bachelor of Science degree for civil engineering.
• Brian Szoch, son of Heidi and Robert Szoch, Archer Western Construction LLC, Acworth, Georgia. Szoch graduated from North Paulding High School and plans to attend the University of Georgia where he plans to major in civil engineering.
The GUCA Scholarship Foundation, founded in 2003, is a non-profit 501(c)3 foundation and has made the dream of a scholarship program for its members become a reality. Winner(s) are chosen based on scholastic achievement, extra-curricular activities, community service, career goals and completion of an essay.
For more information, call 404/362-9995
Today's top stories