IronPlanet announced that it has conducted a record-breaking number of annual inspections in 2016.
IronPlanet, a leading online marketplace for selling and buying used equipment and other durable assets, today announced that it has conducted a record-breaking number of annual inspections in 2016, with more than 100,000 pieces of equipment evaluated and certified by its professional inspectors, which is more inspections than the company has ever conducted to-date.
The cornerstone of IronPlanet's industry leading inspection process is its unique IronClad Assurance equipment condition certification. This unmatched process lets buyers know that one of the company's inspectors has personally visited the item, taken pictures and conducted a comprehensive inspection of key systems and components. What the buyer sees in the inspection report is what they get when they receive the equipment. IronClad Assurance allows buyers to purchase with confidence knowing that the items have been given a full and detailed inspection by an industry expert. IronPlanet's team of over 250 professional inspectors average more than 20 years of equipment experience and follow a standardized, reliable and consistent method of evaluation.
“High quality, detailed and meticulous equipment inspections are a core component of IronPlanet offerings to buyers and sellers alike and that is what differentiates us from all other marketplaces,” said Matt Ackley, IronPlanet Chief Marketing Officer. “With over 100,000 trusted inspections conducted this year alone, IronPlanet's IronClad Assurance certification guarantees that buyers receive the equipment they expect, even if they haven't visited the equipment in person. This inspires a level of satisfaction and trust that continues to drive the growth of our online, as well as onsite auctions around the country and the world.”
IronPlanet's 2016 inspection highlights:
• Excavators were the most inspected items in 2016
• The year's most unusual item inspected was a suburban converted to a “mobile ice fishing house,” with a hole cut near the rear seats to drop the fishing line
• In the U.S., California, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania were the states where most inspections occurred
• Africa, Indonesia and Australia were the farthest inspections from IronPlanet's headquarters in California
IronPlanet inspections are comprehensive:
• IronPlanet has more than 265 different inspection checklists
• There are an average of 100 line items on an inspector's checklist for each piece of equipment
• IronPlanet conducts equipment inspections around the world with inspections in 24 countries globally this year
• IronPlanet's inspection reports include ratings and comments for key systems and components, functional test results, videos, and many photos. For applicable equipment, IronPlanet will also include lab analysis of oil and fluids in major components and systems for contaminants and wear metals
IronPlanet Inspectors are highly trained:
• IronPlanet's professional inspectors undergo a rigorous five-phase inspection training process including: Initial assessment, online training and orientation, field training, monitoring phase with additional field training, review from QC team and final approval
• Inspectors complete IronPlanet University training and take continuing education classes throughout their career
• During any one month, a typical IronPlanet inspector will perform 70+ inspections, taking 80 photos of each item and spending 60-75 minutes inspecting each piece of equipment
• IronPlanet inspectors use approximately 400 iPads globally to conduct inspections
Look for IronPlanet's IronClad Assurance equipment condition certification on equipment listed on IronPlanet, TruckPlanet, GovPlanet, and catauctions.com. IronPlanet's IronClad Assurance gives buyers the confidence to buy online knowing that they have an accurate representation of equipment condition. Equipment Protection Plans from Cat Financial may be available on qualified Cat equipment selling in Cat Auction Services events, which will be noted in the auction catalogs.
SAVE THE DATE: Start planning now for our Unreserved Public Auction event when IronPlanet returns to Kissimmee, FL, February 13-17, 2017. Hosted by Ring Power Corporation, this five-day event will include feature sellers Altorfer Inc., Blanchard Machinery, Carolina CAT, Cleveland Brothers, Fabick Cat, Foley, Inc., Louisiana Cat, Mustang Cat, Pipeline Machinery, Puckett Machinery, Ransome Cat, Riggs CAT, Ring Power Corporation, Thompson Machinery, Yancey Bros. Co., Ziegler CAT and many more. For more information about IronPlanet's 2017 Florida auction, please visit www.ironplanet.com/Florida.