Kawasaki loaders feature Cummins diesel engines offering 96 to 720 flywheel hp (71.5 to 537 kW), 1.8 to 13 cu. yd. (1.4 to 9.9 cu m) bucket capacities and other features that provide high operating efficiency, productivity and ease of maintenance.
The new ZV-2 wheel loaders feature significant upgrades that allow the operator to customize the wheel loader performance to the environment or application. These new features improve productivity, efficiency, and fuel economy, according to the manufacturer.
• Dual power mode. Cummins engines allow the operator to select the appropriate torque curve.
• Adjustable declutch. Allows the operator to not only set the declutch, but to adjust the engagement point.
• Efficient Loading System (ELS). Allows the operator to increase rim pull and digging power and decrease fuel usage.
• Machine Operation Diagnostic Module (MODM). Primarily used for diagnostics, the MODM also will allow an operator to adjust K-Lever (stick steer) steering sensitivity, ride control sensitivity, and transmission shift points. Without the use of additional software or equipment, the MODM taps into the machine controller and monitors all systems to sound faults and alarms. It also records relevant data and failure codes for future analysis.
Enhanced features that improve productivity, efficiency, and fuel economy:
• Dual boom kickout. Allows the operator to control raising and lowering of the boom by making adjustments from the cab.
• Ride control. This option provides a smoother ride and improves load retention.
• K-Link (II). An option management tool, which allows data to be transmitted from the loader to a cell phone, fax or e-mail. Hours, alarm sensors, engine and transmission fault codes, geo-fence breaks, operating data and additional performance details are relayed as scheduled.
• Limited slip differentials. This traction-enhancing feature, works inside the differential to slow tire spin and transfer power to the wheel that has traction.
These features complement maintenance upgrades such as extending the life of sealed universal joints, optional auto-lube systems, and easy access to filters, drains and fittings.
For more information, call 770/499-7000 or visit www.kawasakiloaders.com.
Today's top stories