Komatsu America Corp. Introduces the New WA500-8 Wheel Loader
Up to 10 Percent Production gains, up to five percent less fuel consumed and a bigger, better bucket
📅 Mon May 02, 2016 - National Edition
The standard bucket capacity increased to 7.6 cubic yards and the bucket now fills easier and retains material better, contributing to machine efficiency and productivity gains of up to 10 percent.
Komatsu America Corp. has introduced the new WA500-8 Wheel Loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this latest addition to the wheel loader family combines an enhanced lockup torque converter function and SmartLoader logic to achieve low fuel consumption and high travel speeds.
The standard bucket capacity increased to 7.6 cubic yards and the bucket now fills easier and retains material better, contributing to machine efficiency and productivity gains of up to 10 percent. Also, by optimizing control of engine power, and improving power train and hydraulic efficiency, the WA500-8 consumes up to five percent less fuel than its Tier 4 interim predecessor.
“The WA500-8 is made for loading on-highway trucks or smaller rigid trucks in quarry applications, articulated trucks on construction sites, or load and carry applications,” said Rob McMahon, product manager for Komatsu America. “Operators will also appreciate enhancements in cab comfort and features like the integrated load meter and full automatic digging function,” McMahon said.
Standard features of the new WA500-8 include:
Under The Hood
• A powerful, 357 HP, EPA Tier 4 Final certified, SAA6D140E-7 engine uses up to five percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
• Nearly 20 years of leadership in emissions technology enabled designers to create an engine that reduces Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) by more than 80%, from the Tier 4 Interim model.
• The new improved Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) with increased capacity and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
• More than 93 percent of KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
• Komatsu's SmartLoader Logic, combined with the lockup torque converter that activates in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear, provides optimal engine torque for improved acceleration, hill-climbing ability, a higher top speed and fuel savings.
• New, air-suspension, high-back heated seat that softens machine vibration for operator comfort and new cast frame members are added for increased strength.
• Seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers with F-N-R switch for operator ergonomics and convenience.
• Pioneering KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor that provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status and DEF-level data, fuel consumption, plus performance information collected and sorted by Operator ID.
• Komatsu Auto Idle Shutdown to reduce idle time and save fuel.
• Auxiliary jack and two 12-volt outlets.
• Seven inch, full color, high resolution monitor with Ecology Guidance.
• Dedicated, full-color, rear-view monitor is standard.
• Swing-out cooling fan, with wider fin spacing and a standard auto-reversing fan, for ease of cleaning.
• Gull-wing engine doors provide quick, convenient access for daily checks and service items
• Full-rear fenders, standard.
• Sight gauge at DEF fill cap to minimize overfilling.
The WA500-8, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE® program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes limited scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and two complimentary Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter exchanges and two factory recommended services of the Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) system during the first five years. With select labor, fluids and filters covered by Komatsu over this period, Komatsu CARE lowers ownership costs, raises resale value and improves equipment uptime and availability. For full program details, refer to the Komatsu CARE reimbursement letter.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., the world's second largest manufacturer and supplier of earth-moving equipment, consisting of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America Corp. also serves the forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support its equipment. Komatsu has proudly provided high-quality, reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.