he Montana Department of Transportation seeks to rehabilitate five bridges on Montana Highway 43.
The Montana Department of Transportation (MDT) would like to notify the public and seek comments on a proposal to rehabilitate five bridges on Montana Highway 43 between Wisdom and Divide in Beaverhead, Deer Lodge and Silver Bow counties.
The bridge locations are as follows:
- 16 mi. northeast of Wisdom at reference post (RP) 41.85
- 7 mi. northwest of Wise River at RP 58.03
- west end of Wise River at RP 64.99
- east end of Wise River at RP 65.12
- 3 mi. west of Divide at RP 75.06
Proposed work includes a concrete overlay on the bridge decks, minor substructure repairs, and spot painting. The bridge located west of Divide also will require deck repair. Bridge approach rail modifications also are within the scope of the project.
The purpose of the project is to preserve the bridge decks and mitigate further deterioration.
For more information, call 406/494-9625 or 406/444-7800 or visit mdt.mt.gov.