The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) announced the winners of its 2009 Quality in Construction Award for excellence in construction of an asphalt pavement. The companies received their awards during the association’s 55th annual meeting in Maui, Hawaii. The Quality in Construction Awards recognizes asphalt pavements of excellence.
“NAPA selects the recipients of its paving awards using a known set of standards that have been shown to give a good result,” commented Jim Weeks, 2009 chairman of the NAPA board of directors. “This award demonstrates the high quality of work that the asphalt industry is achieving.”
• JSL Asphalt Inc. of Windsor Locks, Conn.
• Pike Industries Inc. of Westbrook, Maine
• Palmer Paving Corp. of Palmer, Mass.
• Earle Asphalt Co. of Farmingdale, N.J.
• English Paving Co. of Clifton, N.J.
• Smith-Sondy Asphalt Construction Co. Inc. of Wallington, N.J.
• Tilcon New York of Wharton, N.J.
• Barrett Paving Materials Inc. of Watertown, N.Y.
• HRI Inc. of State College, Pa.
Today's top stories