Paving has started on Interstate 205 between Johnson Creek Boulevard and the Glenn Jackson Bridge.
Paving Is under way on an ODOT project to improve operations and safety on Interstate 205 between Johnson Creek Boulevard and the Glenn Jackson Bridge.
Two southbound lanes of I-205 are closed and one lane open from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. starting at the Glenn Jackson Bridge. Paving will gradually move from north to south with two southbound lanes closed and one lane open for about a mile each night.
When the paving work reaches the southern end of the project at Johnson Creek Boulevard, the operation will shift to the northbound lanes with the same closure pattern and work its way north back up to the Glenn Jackson Bridge.
The project will:
- Repave 9 mi. of I-205 between the Glenn Jackson Bridge and Johnson Creek Boulevard, including ramps.
- Install new RealTime traveler information and advisory signs.
- Improve the entrance to the multi-use path at Glisan Street.
- Upgrade sidewalk curb ramps.
Construction will take place mostly at night to minimize traffic impacts during the day and will continue through 2019. Work is weather dependent.
The project also will build auxiliary lanes at three locations:
- Southbound from eastbound I-84 and the Division/Powell on-ramp
- Northbound from Powell Boulevard to westbound I-84
- Northbound from eastbound I-84 to Killingsworth.
Travelers may have already noticed preliminary work under way in the area. This includes work in the median between Powell and Stark/Washington preparing for auxiliary lane construction; underground electrical and fiber optic work at Glisan Street; and temporary striping.
For more information, visit www.i205construction.org.