The 7th Annual Philadelphia Construction Expo has arrived.
This year’s show on March 7 and 8 will again be held at the Fort Washington Expo Center. The event, also called “The Greatest Show in Construction, Public Works & Landscaping,” will feature a wide array of equipment dealers and manufacturers.
Several Philadelphia Eagles Cheerleaders also will be on hand to sign autographs, as well as to cheer the winners of many valuable door prizes, which will be awarded throughout the two-day show.
Some of these door prizes include:
• A NASCAR racing helmet autographed by Jamie McMurray, donated by Chevron Texaco;
• A remote-controlled Bobcat toy, donated by Delaware Valley Bobcat;
• Three DVD players, donated by Pioneer Cover-All and Dirt Buddies;
• Two commemorative antique silver Cat D11R track-type tractors, donated by Ransome CAT;
• A $100 American Express gift card, donated by Smart Business Credit;
• Two pairs of Phillies and Soul tickets, donated by Total Rental Center;
• Three 15 percent-off rental certificates, donated by Norris Sales;
• A $1,500 rental certificate, donated by Hoffman Equipment; and
• Two grand prizes —NASCAR tickets, donated by Construction Equipment Guide, and a 42-in. root grapple, donated by CID Metals.
During the Philly show, visitors will again be able to show off their backhoe operating excellence (and win some serious cash) in a backhoe rodeo. A total of $5,000 in cash will be up for grabs. Sponsors for the backhoe rodeo include Ransome CAT, Eagle Power & Equipment, Midlantic Machinery, Modern Equipment Sales & Rental and JCB.
Asphalt Care Equipment, of Bensalem and Doylestown, PA, will again have a significant presence at the Fort Washington Expo Center with an expanded exhibit in the Washington Room, an area adjacent to the main exhibit hall.
The company also will hold seminars during the show. The topics include line striping, seal coating and paving.
Asphalt Care Equipment has been in business for 25 years. The company opened its Doylestown branch in 2002 and according to David Fackler, who prior to founding his company worked as paving contractor for 20 years, he has plans for expansion in the near future.
The company earned Ingersoll Rand No.1 dealer in America award in 2003 for its line of equipment, which includes asphalt pavers and compaction rollers and more.
Norris Sales, of Plymouth Meeting, PA, will hold three safety awareness seminars. These topics include trenching and shoring safety, confined space and fall protection.
And finally, Pennsylvania One Call will hold several seminars on topics such as predesign and pre-construction meetings, understanding locating, preparing before notifying, how to make the process of notifying easier, working with OSHA and what do in an emergency.
We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information call Sheila Kirby, CEG Productions, trade show manager, at 800/523-2200.
Today's top stories