Qualcomm Incorporated announced the commercial availability of its GlobalTRACS Lite equipment management system. The GlobalTRACS Lite system provides actionable, operational and location information with management applications.
As the newest addition to the GlobalTRACS Suite for fleet management, the GlobalTRACS Lite system complements the GlobalTRACS system, offering many of the same features and functions, and it is suitable for installation on an even broader range of equipment.
Fleet managers can use the new system as a stand-alone solution to help manage and secure their entire fleet, or they can use it in a mixed-fleet environment with the GlobalTRACS equipment management system.
Equipment with either system is accessible via the same easy-to-use Web application. The hardware terminal is compact, comparable to the size of a PC’s mouse, with the added benefit of simple installation and easy transfer from one machine to another.
“Qualcomm Enterprise Services has expanded its enterprise services suite with the new GlobalTRACS Lite system to give customers the competitive advantage that telematics can bring, but at a lower cost,” said Bob Walton, vice president of product management of Qualcomm Enterprise Services.
“This new system and our more comprehensive GlobalTRACS system will continue to assist customers in achieving even higher levels of operational utilization and profitability.”
Features of the GlobalTRACS Lite system include:
• Proactive theft-prevention and recovery features, including a back-up battery to alert if the power is cut.
• Engine-start curfew alerts to help companies monitor unauthorized (after-hours) use of their equipment for enhanced asset management and security.
• Location data to easily locate and track equipment for improved asset management and utilization.
• Assisted-GPS technology to enable visibility inside buildings and locations without a clear view of the sky.
• Multiple maintenance profiles for optimized and accurate servicing.
• Updated engine-hour data shows when equipment is running, which helps identify underutilized equipment. Underutilized equipment can be re-deployed to increase productivity and profits.
• Integration with existing back-end software systems.
The GlobalTRACS Lite system is designed for factory or aftermarket installation and to meet the demanding requirements of equipment manufacturers, OEMs and buyers. It harnesses the power of the Equipment Management Center, a service that allows fleet managers to view equipment information. The service can be tailored by Qualcomm’s professional services team to meet each customer’s specific business needs.
Qualcomm’s Network Operations Center (NOC) supports GlobalTRACS Lite system customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The NOC also supports Qualcomm’s Theft Protection Network service with a proactive procedure in place for equipment tracking and recovery — helping to increase the chances of recovery and reduce loss from theft.
For more information, visit www.qualcomm.com.
Today's top stories