Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers will sell a large selection of mining equipment and trucks at an unreserved auction in Johannesburg, South Africa, on March 27, 2013. The auction is open to the public and bids can be made in person at the auction site or online in real-time via the company’s Web site. There are currently more than 320 mining equipment items featured in the auction — all items will be sold on auction day to the highest bidders, regardless of price — without minimum bids or reserve prices.
“It’s unusual in the industry to have this many quality mining units together in one place and sell everything by unreserved auction in one day,” said Steve Barritt, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. “The inventory will be of interest to anyone in the market who wants to acquire high quality, well-maintained mining equipment and trucks, ranging from Caterpillar 777 rock trucks to D-series dozers, and from wheel loaders to large Hitachi hydraulic excavators. There’s even a big selection of unused spare parts, engines and attachments included in the auction. March 27 will be a great day to be buying equipment.”
All equipment in the auction is being sold for Sentula Mining Limited, a mining service provider and coal miner based in South Africa with operations in 16 African countries.
Specific auction highlights include:
• 95 rock trucks (incl. Caterpillar 777B, 777D, 777C, 785B)
• 55+ articulated dump trucks (incl. Volvo A40E, A40D, A35D)
• 40+ hydraulic excavators (incl. Hitachi EX1200-5C, ZX870LCH-3)
• 40+ dozers (incl. Caterpillar D11R, D11N, D10N, D9T, D9N)
• 10+ wheel loaders (incl. Caterpillar 994D, 992G, 992D)
• And dozens of other items, including trucks, spare parts, engines, blades, cabs and attachments
People can inspect the equipment prior to the auction, and registering to bid is free (a refundable deposit may be required).
For more information, visit