Sandvik Construction’s newly developed CH540 cone crusher — the latest crusher in a series and the bigger CH550 (launched in 2013), are cone crushers with endless combination possibilities. They are the perfect match for any aggregate plant or quarry looking to increase production capacity, eliminate bottlenecks, reduce operating costs, and/or to improve the quality of the end product, according to the manufacturer.
The wide performance range provides customers with adaptability and flexibility, with the crushers being able to be configured for either secondary or tertiary applications.
“Our customers need to produce high quality aggregates in a cost-efficient way,” said Sandvik Construction Product Line Manager Martin Johansson.
“In order to optimize their business our customers require as few, and as short, maintenance interruptions as possible; this is now achieved by the CH500 series that gives them a versatile cone crusher which combines a small carbon footprint with high performance. Sandvik has developed the new CH500 crusher series based on valuable input from our customers. So as to increase performance, while reducing weight and height, we had to optimize all our components — and the end result is remarkable.”
In order to facilitate greater reduction ratios and productivity than previously possible, the new CH500-series comes with:
• Sophisticated design with remarkable capacity in relation to size.
• In order to maximize operational uptime the CH500-series comes with Sandvik’s control system fitted as standard.
• The control system enables the crusher to run at maximum performance levels — automatically adjusting to variations in feed conditions, pressure peaks and wear.
• A dump valve ensures quick, safe tramp relief if something uncrushable gets into the crusher.
• The wear parts have been adapted, ensuring a longer lifetime per ton produced.
• In order to minimize health and safety risks when changing wear parts, the CH500-series does not use a plastic backing compound to attach the manganese.
• The motors have the highest energy efficiency classification (IE3), reducing emissions and power consumption.
• Efficient power transfer capability due to new drive arrangements that give a precise lining of the V-belts, delivering more than five times longer life time.
• Reduced noise emissions.
• One of three eccentric bushings will cover 90 percent of the application range.
• The series is based on the HYDROCONE facilitating the production of a high quality end product with excellent cubicity.
• The crushers are maintenance friendly with easily accessible spare parts, all backed by a global service program.
For more information, visit www.Construction.Sandvik.com.
Today's top stories