The Specialized Carriers Rigging Association (SC) awarded 18 Crane Operator Safety Awards during the 2010 annual conference, April 6 to 10, at the Omni Hotel at Champions Gate, Orlando, Fla. This new award was presented to certified crane operators who exhibit exemplary work achievements while accumulating 10,000 consecutive man-hours and recording zero accidents or incidents. Winners represent six different companies:
• J.J. Curran Crane Co., Detroit, Mich. — Patrick Farr
• Dutcher-Phipps Crane Rigging Co., Monahans, Texas — Lance Cagle, Michael Higgins, Roger Mills, Gilbert Nunez and Johnny Viscaino
• W.O. Grubb Crane Rental Inc. — Steve Grubb
• Industrial Builders Inc., Wells Fargo, N.D. — Tom Leingang, Brandon Podoll, Keith Pryor and Tom Roerich
• Mountain Crane Service, Salt Lake City, Utah — Tyson Allen and Doug Steinfeldt
• Crane Inc., Orange, Calif. — Shawn Deitrick, Chris Deppe and Randall Roberts
The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association is an international trade association of nearly 1,400 members from 49 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing five yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.