During its annual conference, April 25 to 29, at the Westin Hilton Head, Hilton Head Island, SC, the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) elected Doug Williams, Buckner HeavyLift Cranes, Graham, NC, as president.
Joining Williams as officers for the 2006-2007 term are:
• Chairman: Jerry Thomsen, Trail King Industries Inc., Mitchell, SD;
• Vice President: John Ward, All States Freight Systems, Twinsburg, OH;
• Treasurer: James Vitez, KMX International, Hamburg, PA; and
• Assistant Treasurer: Randall Goddard, Atlas Industrial Contractors Ltd., Columbus, OH;
Also joining the board are four newly elected group chairs:
• Allied Industries Group: Butch Odegaard, Trail King Industries Inc., Mitchell, SD;
• Crane & Rigging Group: Kevin Johnston, J&R Engineering Co. Inc., Mukwonago, WI;
• Ladies Group: Stephanie Bragg, Bragg Crane Service, Long Beach, CA; and
• Transportation Group: Paul LeFabvre, LeFabvre & Sons Inc., Elk River, MN.
Additionally, SC&RA elected the following six new board members to serve three-year terms:
• Robert Hileman, United Crane & Rigging Company, Baltimore, MD;
• Paul Ross, Keen Transport Inc., New Kingstown, PA;
• Klaus Scholpp, Alfred Scholpp GmbH & Co., Stutgart, Germany;
• Gary Stang, Anderson Trucking Service Inc., St. Cloud, MN;
• John Ward, All States Freight Systems, Twinsburg, OH; and
• Doug Williams, Buckner HeavyLift Cranes, Graham, NC.
With the exception of the board members, all newly-elected officers will serve one-year terms that will expire at the association’s 2007 annual conference, to be held at the Westin Resort, Hilton, SC, April 25 to 29.
For more information, visit www.scranet.org.