Technicians from the various LeeBoy dealer shops in the region including Stephenson Equipment, Monroe Tractor, Ambrose, Hoffman Equipment and U.S. Municipal, attended the training.
LeeBoy held training at Stephenson Equipment's (SEI) Harrisburg, Pa., location as a part of the LeeBoy Service Professional Training Program. Technicians from the various LeeBoy dealer shops in the region including Stephenson Equipment, Monroe Tractor, Ambrose, Hoffman Equipment and U.S. Municipal, attended the training.
“Keeping our techs trained in all the most up-to-date techniques and new equipment models we support is a top priority for Stephenson,” said Bob Criste SEI's COO. “Being able to have such a great working relationship with LeeBoy and hold the training here at our Harrisburg SEI location was perfect for us.”
LeeBoy released several new paver models and a new broom model this past March at ConExpo in Las Vegas. LeeBoy representatives Ken Graham and Jeromy Stamey were in from the company's headquarters in North Carolina to put on the training program.
Stephenson had seven technicians complete the training program, which covered updates to existing model machines as well as covering servicing, changes, updates and maintenance involved with the four new model releases, the 8515E, 8520, 8616C and the 6150.
“We are very excited about the new paver models, we feel LeeBoy listened to the needs of our customers and to us dealers, take the 8520, it has incorporated so many tested and improved features we cannot wait to get it out there for our customers,” said Ronnie Hoffman, Stephenson's Asphalt and Road Maintenance Equipment service manager.
Stephenson Equipment put together a short list of the notable new and improved features of the 8520:
• Enhanced “Super Stout” hydraulic system that is split so one system runs the augers/conveyors and the other runs the rest of the machine.
• All Parker hoses
• 1 ft. (.3 m) longer in overall length compared to the 8515E with longer tracks, a longer hopper with thicker hopper walls and a larger hopper capacity of 9 tons (8 t) plus what can be held in the augers and the auger/conveyor tunnel.
• Wider conveyors for more surge material and less segregation.
• E/Z cleaning 1 in. (2.5 cm) conveyor slat bars keep pan plates clean.
• E/Z access filter and pump maintenance.
• A lower profile for improved operator view.
• Sliding control panel with high/low deck positions
• LeeBoy's Legend HD 8 to 15 ft. (2.4 to 4.5 m) screed standard with the new “S” shaped heating element.
• Hose reels now inside to cleanup operator sight lines.
• 106 hp Kubota Tier IV final engine with new heat deflectors to keep the engine heat away from the operator.
For more information, visit www.stephensonequipment.com.
Today's top stories