Terex Cranes has announced the introduction of its new prototype Terex Demag CC 9800 crawler crane with 1,763 ton (1,600 t) capacity, which is built at its Terex Demag Cranes facility in Zweibruecken, Germany.
“The worldwide demand for heavy lift machines remains strong and Terex Cranes is responding,” said Rüdiger Zollondz, senior product marketing manager, Terex Cranes Global Marketing.
“The Terex Demag CC 9800 was designed with multiple configurations in mind based on feedback we have received directly from customers based on their needs.”
Two Terex Demag CC 9800s have already been sold to two buyers for use in the wind turbine industry.
Prior to delivery of the first model, Terex Cranes test engineers and crane operators carried out multiple test lifts. This first model will be delivered to Sarens Company in Belgium. The second customer is a global engineering company, Enercon, that will use its Terex Demag CC 9800 on wind turbine projects.
Terex Demag CC 9800 technical specifications:
• The new model is an adaptation of the original Terex Demag CC 8800-1 and it uses the same basic machine components as its bigger brother the 3,527 ton (3,200 t) capacity Terex Demag CC 8800-1 twin.
• A wider boom system, with components up to 13.1 ft. (4 m), which makes it stronger. This provides a higher maximum load moment rating of 27,000 tm, when configured with 881 tons (800 t) of Superlift counterweight at a 98.4 ft. (30 m) radius.
• Maximum boom and jib length for the Terex Demag CC 9800 are 511 ft. (156 m) and 393 ft. (120 m), respectively.
• Maximum SWSL combination is 354 + 393 ft. (108 + 120 m), resulting in a top hook height of 754 ft. (230 m).
• The machine is suitable for a wide range of applications, including petrochemical, large infrastructure and power plants.
• A configuration also is available for the erection of wind turbines of more than 6 MW capacity, incorporating a 433 ft. (132 m) main boom, plus a 59 ft. (18 m) extension, allowing the crane to lift 413 tons (375 t) to a hook height of 482 ft. (147 m).
The Terex Demag CC 9800 offers high lift capacity while maintaining assembly and transportability benefits. The Terex Demag CC 9800 gains additional capacity due to its wider boom, an enhancement to the original design of the Terex Demag CC 8800-1 with its special applications for wind turbines.
Redundant drive lines mean that if one fails the other takes over. It also is much more efficient when used one drive line at a time.