TrenchTech has a new full service construction safety institute.
TrenchTech Inc. has a new full service construction safety institute in Morrisville, Pa. The concentration is on trench safety, fall protection and air quality as well as other areas of focus regarding worker safety. Classes will address awareness of OSHA standards that pertain to excavation safety, confined space (air quality) and fall protection in 10 and 30 hour courses.
In addition to classroom training, TrenchTech’s Morrisville location will be providing hands-on demonstration of equipment in the yard, the proper procedures for installing and removing shoring of all kinds, confined space entry and options for fall protection and air monitoring. All classes will be conducted in compliance with OSHA standards and will result in attendees being issued completion certificates.
TrenchTech is partnering with Gerald Poppke and Risk Control Associates in an effort to provide all participants with comprehensive and thorough safety instruction.
TrenchTech’s expansion efforts include full service shoring facilities serving the underground construction industry on the East Coast. In addition to the Morrisville location, TrenchTech has been expanding its Chesapeake, Va., location, where it also offers OSHA-sponsored excavation safety classes. Additional locations are in the works to augment the company’s facilities in Morrisville and Chesapeake.
The company’s shoring services include factory certified installers to assist in complex implementations to ensure efficiencies and safety in the trenches.
Safety course objectives:
• Display extensive knowledge of 29 CFR 1926 — Subpart P Excavations OSHA Regulations
• Demonstrate correct soil testing procedures and understand how to classify soil
• Identify hazards associated with trenching and excavations and understand how to take prompt corrective measures to ensure a safe excavation
• Understand the different types of protective systems and how to reference tabulated data and select the proper system
• Discussion on fall protection and hazardous atmospheres and how they apply to trench safety
For more information, call 800/443-6832 or?visit www.shoringsolutions.com.
Today's top stories