What are the future trends and opportunities that will determine how our country's transportation infrastructure will look in the year 2050?
What are the future trends and opportunities that will determine how our country's transportation infrastructure will look in the year 2050? The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and the Northwestern University Transportation Center have partnered to produce a comprehensive study into that question. The result, Mobility 2050 Symposium, will review these findings and seek perspectives from different consumers of infrastructure on how to pursue a national, comprehensive plan for the future of U.S. infrastructure.
What: Mobility 2050: A Vision for Transportation Infrastructure and How We Can Get There
When: Monday, May 23, 2016 from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Where: Northwestern University, Cohen Commons, Room L482 (Fourth Floor North), 2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208
The symposium will feature:
• Victor Mendez, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation
• Randall S. Blankenhorn, Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation
• Ronald M. De Feo, CEO, Kennametal and Chair, AEM's Infrastructure Vision 2050 Task Force
• Dr. Julio M. Ottino, Dean, Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science Northwestern University
• Dov Shenkman, Group Vice President, Supply Chain Strategy, Inventory and Transportation Walgreens
A panel discussion will also be held followed by a networking reception.
For more information and daily news and updates, please visit http://www.aem.org.
Today's top stories