The Specialized Carriers Rigging Association (SC) has launched a new benefits program exclusively for its members. The association dedicated 18 months in its search for the best possible way to use SC’s purchasing power to open options and reduce members’ costs for healthcare and ancillary services.
“One of the biggest challenges many of our members face is finding reliable, cost-effective health insurance for themselves and their employees,” said SC Executive Vice President Joel Dandrea. “For many of our members, this program offers substantial savings on important products and services that ultimately can help them attract and retain key employees.”
The new program will be managed by Association Benefit Resources (ABR). It will be available exclusively to SC members.
The medical plan itself is insured and administered by United Healthcare Insurance Company (UHC).
UHC insures more than half of the Fortune 500 companies. However, the company also offers the same high level of insurance to small- and medium-sized employers.
UHC has more than 25 million members throughout the United States. About 98 percent of the U.S. population has access to UHC providers, including 606,000 physicians and healthcare professionals, 5,015 hospitals, 65,000 pharmacies, 77,000 dental providers and 25,471 vision-care providers.
SC plan members in the contiguous United States are eligible for:
• 25 percent discount for ADP payroll and HR technology and consulting services
• 5 percent premium discount on UHC medical, dental and vision plans after final underwriting for new UHC member companies
• Significant value point pricing for packaged pricing of dental, vision, life and disability plans
• Preferred value point premium pricing consideration for current United Healthcare members for medical, dental and vision plans
• Preferred premium discounts up to 10 percent and simplified underwriting for disability, life and voluntary benefit programs
• No cost for pre-tax premium plans, COBRA, and Flex plans for groups of 20 to 99 employees
• Discount pricing for health savings account, health reimbursement account and flexible spending account administration
• Access to members’ local brokers following UHC review and satisfying program criteria
For more information, visit www.scrahealthplan.com.
Today's top stories