Construction Equipment Operator Training Revolutionized with New Virtual Reality Tool from Immersive Technologies
Tue February 21, 2017 - National Edition CEG
Finding and keeping trained, skilled heavy equipment operators is one of the greatest challenges facing the construction industry. With tight schedules and increased project risk there is less and less room for human error and poor performance at crucial phases like site preparation.
Immersive Technologies, a company dedicated to advanced simulator development for heavy equipment training, is using leading-edge technology to bring versatile and effective simulation based operator training to the construction field with their new virtual reality tool, WorksiteVR Simulator.
Using the advantages of virtual reality combined with the world's most advanced simulation software, Immersive Technologies has developed an engaging, highly authentic yet economical training simulator to meet the demands in the construction industry.
Uses for WorksiteVR Simulator include:
• Pre-employment testing: Evaluating qualified applicants is simplified using WorksiteVR Simulator. Basic knowledge and skill levels can be easily assessed before employment or entering the field.
• Skills development: Operators can develop, practice and test their skills as they work through tasks that progressively build on knowledge and skill proficiency in machine operation.
• Benchmarking: Operators can compare their skills against other operators in their company or compare improvements in their own individual performance.
• Bonus incentives: WorksiteVR Simulator allows operators to sharpen their skills while not in the field. Completing training modules during downtime to earn recognition, bonuses or incentives can not only improve performance in the field but can help identify motivated employees.
• Assist in team assembling: Quick access to a database of the skill levels of multiple operators can assist superintendents and projects mangers in putting together the right team for the right job.
With minimal hardware and easy portability, WorksiteVR Simulator allows training initiatives to be carried out in multiple locations and with limited oversight. There is no need to burn fuel or cause wear to equipment for training. Operators can assess their progress, skills deficits and strengths in real time and benchmark against desired goals.
Equipment manufacturer, Komatsu has been quick to identify the value WorksiteVR represents to the construction industry. To further support the profitability and safety of its customers, Komatsu has actively supported the development of WorksiteVR Simulator including the PC200 and PC300 excavators with more machines to come. As part of a recent agreement between Komatsu Ltd. and Immersive Technologies, Komatsu branded WorksiteVR Simulators will be used and distributed via the Komatsu global distribution network.
“Our 24 years in developing the most realistic heavy equipment simulation software for a wide range of OEM's has given us the ability to deliver the most realistic virtual reality training experience. WorksiteVR Simulator has been built with the key objective of having a significant impact on our customers' profitability and safety. The combination of highly realistic simulated environments and expertise in adult learning has led to the launch of a training tool we believe will revolutionize the construction industry,” says Peter Salfinger, CEO, Immersive Technologies.
For more information on WorksiteVR Simulator, please visit:www.WorksiteVR.com
Construction Equipment Guide
470 Maryland Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Construction Equipment Guide covers the nation with its four regional newspapers, offering construction and industry news and information along with new and used construction equipment for sale from dealers in your area. Now we extend those services and information to the internet. Making it as easy as possible to find the news and equipment that you need and want.
All rights reserved. Copyright
. Reproduction of materials appearing on this Web site is strictly prohibited without written permission.