Doosan expands its Tier IV wheel excavator lineup with the DX210W-5 for applications that require an excavator with rubber tires. The “dash-5” excavator replaces the “dash-3” (interim Tier IV) model. In addition to a Tier IV diesel engine, this model features improved fuel efficiency from a new Smart Power Control (SPC) selectable engine mode and multiple product enhancements.
The new “dash-5” wheel excavator stands out from other excavating equipment with its rubber tires, making it a popular choice for customers who regularly drive on finished concrete or asphalt surfaces. Doosan wheel excavators are often used in highway / street development, building, manufacturing operations, site development and land improvement. For example, a wheel excavator customer can drive on the shoulder of a road to dig in an adjacent ditch or use a bucket and clamp to pick up materials and load them into a truck for disposal.
Machine Efficiency and Productivity
A new selectable feature called Smart Power Control (SPC) engine mode comes standard on the DX210W-5. SPC consists of two systems — Variable Speed Control and Pump Torque Control — that work together to improve machine efficiency while maintaining productivity and reducing fuel consumption. The engine control unit automatically manages SPC when SPC is engaged. Each of the four power modes will function with SPC engaged or disengaged; however, SPC can be active only in the Digging work mode.
• Variable Speed Control: Reduces engine rpm during low workload requirements such as during the swing portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to perform a task and improves fuel efficiency by as much as 5 percent.
• Pump Torque Control: Efficiently matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excess fuel consumption, improving efficiency.
The new DX210W-5 excavator offers customers a variety of product enhancements; however, what doesn’t change is the dependable performance, comfort and ease of service found in its “dash-3” predecessor.
• Two pump auxiliary hydraulic flow: prepared for high-flow attachments
• Floor pedal: adds optional method for operators to activate two-way auxiliary hydraulics
• Ergonomic joystick: improves operator comfort and ease of use
• Relocated rear camera: enhances rear visibility
• Camera monitor: allows operators to monitor machine information while camera is on
• Alternator upgrade: provides 80 amps for improved performance
• Emergency stop relocated: makes it easier for operators to reach on the seat base
Tier IV Solution
The Doosan DX210W-5 wheel excavator complies with Tier IV emission standards. The model is fitted with a Doosan DL06 diesel engine and aftertreatment technologies, and does not require a diesel particulate filter (DPF) or regeneration. The engine is optimized for use with a high-pressure common-rail fuel delivery system and a cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) system. It uses a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) to reduce particulate matter and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) aftertreatment to reduce nitrogen oxides. Additionally, a variety of aftertreatment systems have been implemented as part of the Tier IV compliance, such as diesel exhaust fluid, which is used with SCR technology.
Doosan excavators come with a standard three-year subscription to Doosan Telematics, which allows equipment owners and fleet managers to remotely monitor machine location, hours, fuel usage, engine idle versus work time and error codes, as well as engine and hydraulic temperatures. Machines can be monitored via an online Doosan Telematics account. In addition, Doosan dealers can provide improved customer support using the system by responding to machine warning messages and alerts, troubleshooting machine issues, and then sending a field service vehicle to help with repairs and deliver the proper parts.
For more information, visit DoosanEquipment.com.
Today's top stories