Finn Corporation’s TRU-Mulch line consists of six mulches specially designed to meet the demands of various erosion control and hydroseeding projects. The wood fibers used throughout the line originate from virgin poplar and pine wood chips from forests of the eastern United States.
All TRU-Mulch products undergo an advanced “double refining” process that uses high-pressure steam to create fiber from wood chips. A non-toxic green dye also is added to the fibers to increase visibility during application and to enhance aesthetic appeal. After a final drying and baking stage, the mulches are packaged in UV-resistant, 50-lb. bags designed for easy handling and quick loading. The finished products are useful for mixing into homogeneous slurries and will not dewater during difficult hose work, according to the manufacturer.
TRU-Mulch products are backed by a limited warranty.
The following six products are included in the TRU-Mulch line:
• TRU-Wood provides a solution for basic erosion control and hydroseeding needs. The mulch is consistent in fiber size and texture to ensure maximum performance. It can be used on slopes up to 30 ft. (9 m) long with a horizontal length to vertical rise ratio of 3:1 or less.
• TRU-Wood with HydroStik enhances the effectiveness of TRU-Wood by adding Finn’s HydroStik tackifier. This increases erosion protection by allowing a stronger binding of fibers to the soil. Because the solution is premixed, it eliminates the need to mix a tackifier in the tank. The product can be used on slopes up to 35 ft. (10.7 m) long with a horizontal length to vertical rise ratio of 2:1 or less.
• TRU-Blend combines the holding strength of wood fiber with a clean, recycled paper product. It features the same holding strength as TRU-Wood.
• TRU-Blend with HydroStik increases the erosion protection of the standard TRU-Blend product by adding Finn’s HydroStik tackifier. Its capabilities are similar to TRU-Wood with HydroStik.
• TRU-Max SMM is a stabilized mulch matrix designed for 3- to 6-month soil stabilization and erosion control projects in construction areas where the soil has been disturbed. The product consists of a proprietary, cross-linked, non-toxic tackifier blended with long wood fibers. It retains integrity through repeated rains, yet does not interfere with germination and growth. TRU-Maxx SMM is biodegradable, so it adds organic material to the soil and aids future vegetation while decomposing over time.
• TRU-Bond BFM provides holding power on tough slopes. The bonded fiber matrix consists of long wood fibers mixed with a proprietary, non-toxic, hydrocolloid-based binder, which stays in place even after repeated rains. This completely biodegradable blend provides a quicker, safer and cheaper erosion control solution than installing blankets, according to the manufacturer. It can be used on slopes up to 70 ft. (21 m) long with a horizontal length to vertical rise ratio of 1:1 or less.
For more information, call 800/543-7166 or visit www.finncorp.com.
Today's top stories