The PC138USLC-11’s contoured cab profile and sliding door allow the cab to swing within the same radius as the counterweight.
Komatsu America Corp. introduced the PC138USLC-11 hydraulic excavator. With the same tight tail swing radius as its predecessor, and up to 4 percent less fuel consumption compared to the previous model, it is ideal for utility and highway applications working in confined spaces, according to the manufacturer.
This new EPA Tier IV Final certified model uses an SAA4D95LE-7 engine with a Komatsu diesel oxidation catalyst (KDOC) and a selective catalyst reduction (SCR) system with diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) injection. The engine requires no diesel particulate filter or regeneration.
“The PC138USLC-11 is the perfect machine for contractors on highway, bridge and other roadwork jobs,” said Kurt Moncini, senior product manager, Komatsu America. “It's easy to transport, versatile and the tight tail swing fits easily within one lane of traffic.”
The PC138USLC-11's contoured cab profile and sliding door allow the cab to swing within the same radius as the counterweight. A larger counterweight mass remains standard, giving the PC138USLC-11 equal or better lift capacity than conventional models in the same size class.
Standard features of the new PC138USLC-11 include:
Tier IV final Certified Engine Technology:
• Powerful, efficient, SAA4D95LE-7, 4.4 L, 97.2 net hp engine.
• Komatsu diesel oxidation catalyst (KDOC) after treatment system provides 100 percent passive regeneration.
• Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) to reduce NOx emissions.
• Selective catalyst reduction (SCR) system, with diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) injection used to meet EPA Tier IV Final NOx requirements.
• SCR catalyst has no scheduled maintenance and a life expectancy similar to that of the engine.
New Performance Features:
• A large, 7,630 lb. (3,460 kg) counterweight mass provides excellent lift capacity.
• Komatsu hydraulic technology matches engine speed and hydraulic pump output for optimal performance.
• Up to four percent lower fuel consumption than the previous Dash 10 machine.
• New LCD monitor tracks maintenance and issues alerts about upcoming service and machine needs.
• KOMTRAX and new monitor panel provide vital machine data for easy monitoring and quick operator action.
• New Operator ID system provides KOMTRAX data to track operators, applications, and machine operation for up to 100 individual ID codes.
• Six working modes (P, E, L, B, Att-P, Att-E) with energy-saving guidance incorporated into the monitor panel.
• New temperature controlled viscous fan clutch reduces parasitic load on the engine and helps reduce sound levels.
Comfortable Cab Design — Standard Features Include:
• Upgraded high-resolution, LCD color monitor panel incorporates the standard rear view camera display with gauges. “Ecology-Guidance” provides fuel-saving information to the operator.
• ROPS certified cab design conforms to ISO 12117-2 and meets the ISO 10262 level one Operator Protective Guard (OPG) standard.
• New, standard, high capacity, high back, heated, air-ride seat.
• Auxiliary jack to connect mp3 players or other digital devices.
• Two 12 volt power ports in the cab.
• Standard secondary engine shutdown switch.
• New, enhanced attachment control stores up to 10 attachments in the monitor panel, with adjustable flow control. Two-way attachments also run in economy mode.
• Pattern change valve.
Conveniently Located Maintenance Locations:
• Same side, ground-level access to engine oil and filters for ease of maintenance as the previous model.
• Ground level, fuel and engine oil filter service.
• 60 amp alternator.
• Ground level, easy access to air filter and swing-out coolers.
• Service platform in front of DEF tank.
Komatsu Tier IV final construction machines, including the PC138USLC-11 come with Komatsu CARE. Komatsu CARE provides scheduled factory maintenance for the first 2,000 hours or three years, including a 50 point inspection at each service. Additional enhancements related to the SCR system also have been added.
For more information, visit www.komatsuamerica.com.
Today's top stories