Powerscreen Finesmaster 200 Produces Multiple Grades

Fri December 14, 2007 - National Edition
CEG



The Powerscreen Finesmaster 200 sand recovery plant can produce one or two grades simultaneously at up to 200 tons (181 t) per hour. Virtually no saleable product is discharged to the pond system, thus increasing production and reducing pond maintenance, according to the manufacturer.

The skid-mounted unit sets up quickly and is designed for high-efficiency operation and long service life with minimum maintenance. Smaller 120- and 60-tons per hour (109 and 54 t) models also are available.

Finesmasters recover 96 to 98 percent of all material above 200 mesh and 100 percent above 100 mesh. Typically the moisture content of the material is 10 to 15 percent by weight, leaving it ready for loading and dispatch.

The Finesmaster 200 incorporates high-capacity twin bucket wheels with variable speed control up to 3.3 rpm, a centrifugal slurry pump, a collection tank and two rubber-lined hydrocyclones with fixed-spigot discharge to a split (coarse and fine product) dewatering screen — all on a single chassis.

Each 8.5-ft. (2.6 m) diameter wheel has 14 buckets with a capacity of 0.14 cu. yd. (0.1 cu m) per bucket.

Specially designed inlet boxes reduce turbulence to the bucket wheel tank, and the weir discharge system reduces the volume of fines entering the cyclone collection tank.

The bucket wheels recover 80 percent of the product to the 12.5- by 5-ft. (3.8 by 1.5 m) high-frequency dewatering screen, which has a 0.02-in. (0.05 cm) polyurethane screen aperture. The twin hydro-cyclones recover the remaining 20 percent of the product to the de-watering screen.

For more information, call 502/736-5200 or visit www.terexcs.com.