Ritchie Bros. Conducts Its Largest-Ever Texas Auction
The two-day unreserved public auction on Sept. 23 and 24, also set a new Texas record for online sales ($34+ million) and attracted 4,325+ bidders.
📅 Mon October 05, 2015 - West Edition
Charlie (L) and Ty Godwin of Godwin Farms in Cooper, Texas, are very interested in this John Deere 450J.
Ritchie Bros. conducted its largest ever Texas auction, selling $70+ million of heavy equipment and trucks at its permanent Fort Worth auction site. The two-day unreserved public auction on Sept. 23 and 24, also set a new Texas record for online sales ($34+ million) and attracted 4,325+ bidders, including 2,675+ online bidders, from 55 countries. Bids were made in person, online and by proxy.
“We saw strong participation on site and online from around the world in this week’s Fort Worth auction, helping us achieve record sales,” said Dolan Aucoin, regional sales manager, Ritchie Bros. “Approximately 70 percent of the equipment was purchased by out-of-state buyers, and as far away as Germany, Thailand and Kuwait. The transportation crowd was out in large numbers for day two of the auction, and were very active in their bidding. There was a large selection of late-model trucks, trailers and cranes in this sale and pricing was strong on all three.”
More than 3,775 equipment items were sold in the auction, including 500+ trailers, 425 truck tractors, 70+ excavators, 70 loader backhoes, 45 wheel loaders, 45+ cranes, 35+ crawler tractors, 100+ scissor lifts, 80 boom lifts, 45+ dump trucks, as well as equipment for the agriculture and oil & gas sectors. Specific sales highlights include:
• Six Grove GMK5135 135-ton 10x6x10 all-terrain cranes sold for a combined $4.6+ million
• Three Grove TMS9000E 110-ton 8x4x4 hydraulic truck cranes sold for $1.9+ million
• A 2012 Grove GMK5275 275-ton 10x6x10 all terrain crane sold for $1.2+ million
• A 2009 Link-Belt 218 HSL 110-ton crawler crane sold for $380,000
• Two 2009 Caterpillar 140M motorgraders sold for a combined $280,000
• A 2011 Caterpillar D6T XL crawler tractor sold for $150,000
• A 2005 Caterpillar 815F compactor sold for $170,000
• A 2011 Komatsu PC200LC-8 hydraulic excavator sold for $115,000
For more information, please visit www.rbauction.com.