The 2018 Stanley FATMAX Tape Measure is a new design with 13 ft. of straighter blade stand out*, a baseball-inspired grip, and the longest-lasting blade coating ever applied to a FATMAX tape measure.
Stanley recently announced the introduction of its longest-lasting, most ergonomic FATMAX tape measure in its 175-year history.
The 2018 Stanley FATMAX Tape Measure (www.fatmaxtape.com) is a new design with 13 ft. of straighter blade stand out*, a baseball-inspired grip, and the longest-lasting blade coating ever applied to a FATMAX tape measure. The impact-resistant FATMAX case is built to survive a 50-ft. drop onto packed soil.
“At Stanley, we pride ourselves on continuously raising the bar by engineering and delivering innovative tools that meet our customers' high expectations. We engineered the 2018 Stanley FATMAX Tape Measure to outlast, outperform and fit comfortably in the palm of your hand,” said Lee McChesney, president, Hand Tools, Accessories & Storage at Stanley Black & Decker.
The 2018 Stanley FATMAX (FMHT36325) is made in the USA with global materials and is available in 25-ft. length in North America where Stanley products are sold. MSRP is $29.99. Additional lengths including the 35-ft. and 16-ft. will be introduced in late 2018.
The Stanley FATMAX was first introduced in 1999, and today more than 50 million Stanley FATMAX tape measures have been sold and used around the globe. Key features of the 2018 Stanley FATMAX Tape Measure include:
- 13 ft. of straighter blade standout for straighter reach*;
- An impact-resistant and ergonomically-designed ABS plastic case to simulate a baseball-style grip for great fit, grip and comfort in a user's hands, while tough enough to withstand a 50-foot drop onto packed soil;
- 2X the BLADEARMOR Coating* on the first 6 in. and a three-rivet fastened hook, ensuring better protection at the most vulnerable part of the tape;
- New MAXSHIELD Blade Coating, the longest-lasting blade coating on a FATMAX tape measure, applied to the entire 1 ¼ in.-wide high carbon steel blade and length of the tape, delivering protection against wear, abrasion and rust;
- New patented Twin-Core technology with an advanced internal dual return spring that allows for a small tape case and a comfortable, ergonomic grip;
- Improved, stronger, screw-free belt clip design making the 2018 Stanley FATMAX Tape easier to fasten and remove from a tool belt, as compared to previous designs; and
- An easy-to-use slide lock that engages and disengages with ease while holding the blade strong when locked.
More information, including videos, product specifications and where to buy can be found by visiting www.fatmaxtape.com. Join the social conversation by searching/tagging #FATMAXTape or follow Stanley on Facebook/Stanley Tools, @officialstanleytools (Instagram) and @stanleytools (Twitter).
2018 Stanley FATMAX Tape Measure Product Specifications
Height: 3 in.
Width: 3 in.
Depth” 1-1/16 in. (without belt clip)
Weight: 1.375 lbs.
Blade Width: 1 ¼ in.
Blade material: high carbon steel
*Compared to FMHT33502
Stanley, a brand of Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. is a diversified manufacturer of innovative tools and engineered solutions for professional, industrial, woodworking, construction, automotive repair, organizational, and do-it-yourself use. Since 1843, STANLEY has consistently provided solutions that make life easier with reliable hand tools. Headquartered in New Britain, CT, STANLEY is committed to manufacturing tools in the USA with global materials. Annually, STANLEY produces a large variety of hand tools including tape rules, knives, blades, hand saws, screwdrivers, plastic storage, and accessories in multiple manufacturing locations in North America. STANLEY can be found internationally wherever tools are sold and has helped build America with a breadth of quality hand tools people can trust for over 175 years. For more information visit www.stanleytools.com or follow STANLEY on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.