The 2-speed gearbox version’s rotor system can be changed by simply moving the mechanical lever on the main gearbox, producing a reduction from approximately 1,000 to 540 rpm, while maintaining the speed of the PTO of the tractor at 1,000 rpm.
The forestry tiller and stone crusher Starsoil, designed for tractors between 150 and 260 hp, is equipped with a new drive system that simplifies work by ensuring greater efficiency: soil tilling to a depth of 16 in. (40.6 cm), crushing stones up to 12 in. (30.5 cm) diameter and mulching wood up to 16 in. diameter.
New to the market is the 2-speed gearbox version.
The rotor system can be changed by simply moving the mechanical lever on the main gearbox, producing a reduction from approximately 1,000 to 540 rpm, while maintaining the speed of the PTO of the tractor at 1,000 rpm. This feature allows for higher torque and hence better processing both during mulching wood (high rpm) and crushing rocks and soil (low rpm).
The roller now has a larger diameter and a higher number of toothed rings and is therefore able to compact the soil more efficiently, ensuring a smooth operation of the roller, according to the manufacturer. The bearing was reinforced and built into the roller to prevent wear and the new roller scraper allows for the removal of soil residue, which is useful in the case of wet soil.
A standard feature of the Starsoil is the parallel gear transmissions. Equipped with an integrated cooling system for the lateral parallel gear transmissions and the main gearbox (also combined with the new 2-speed version). The cooling function can easily be activated from the tractor's cab using the control panel and the temperature can be monitored constantly through the display. This reduces the risk of overheating of the transmissions in the case of uninterrupted work. The parallel gear transmission offers reduced width and smaller footprint. The difference between total working width and overall width is minimal.
The basic features remain unchanged:
- Frame covered with replaceable anti-wear plates made of hi-tensile, wear-resistant steel.
- New generation rotor with efficient tool combination of “Mono Protect” and “Mono Extreme” with additional tungsten carbide inserts at points most subject to wear.
- High performance with minimum energy consumption due to its lightweight construction (5,600 to 7,600 lbs.).
- Hydraulically adjustable hood and compacting roller.
- Adjustable crushing bar and grill to obtain the desired degree of crushing.
- Cat. 3 three-point ISO linkage.
- The ADAM PTO alignment system is standard on the 2-speed to improve the adaptation of the machine into the soil. This feature of “angular compensation” is used to protect the PTO shaft and the tractor PTO from unnecessary stress caused by varying angles of operation.
- Hydraulic compacting roller (also can be used as guard frame) or grading blade available as an option.
Starsoil is the machine for tilling of rocky and fallow soil, CRP, creation of forest roads or ski slopes, soil stabilization at construction sites and much more, according to the manufacturer.
For more information call 513/443-6339 or visit www.seppi.com.
Today's top stories